Dr. Akshay S Vakharia M.D.
Anesthesiologist2625 Scripture St Suite 102 Denton TX, 76201
Dr. Akshay Vakharia is an anesthesiologist practicing in Denton, TX. Dr. Vakharia ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Vakharia also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
B.J. Medical College, Pune, Maharashtra, India 1980
BYRAMJEE JEEJEEBHOY MEDICAL COLLEGE (BJ MED COLL) 1981
Gujarat Adani Institute of Medical Sciences 1985
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Pain Medicine
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Percutaneous electrical nerve stimulation: a novel analgesic therapy for diabetic neuropathic pain.
- The effect of montage on the analgesic response to percutaneous neuromodulation therapy.
- A preliminary study of multidimensional pain inventory profile differences in predicting treatment outcome in a heterogeneous cohort of patients with chronic pain.
- Gujarat University 1980 Ranked among the top 10% of the medical school class
- 1966 Indian National Merit Scholar
- 1964 Shreyes Scholar for Academic Excellence
- MemberAMA, TMA, DCMS
- Member ASA, TSA, DCAS
- Strong Mem Hsp U Rochester, Pain Management Med Coll Of Ohio Hosp, Anesthesiology St Josephs Hosp Hlth Ctr, Anesthesiology St Joseph Mercy Hosp, Internal Medicine St Vincent Hosp, Internal Medicine
- St Joseph Mercy Hospital 1989
- St Joseph Mercy-Oakland Program
Dr. Akshay S Vakharia M.D.'s Practice location
GEORGETOWN, TX 78626Get Direction
Dr. Akshay S Vakharia M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Vakharia
- Don't Call Them Just Survivors; They Are "Overcomers"
It’s common to throw the word "survivor" thrown around when referring to people who have battled illnesses and diseases. However, a group in San Antonio prefers to refer to themselves as Overcomers.Genny's storyWhen Genny Small was diagnosed with breast cancer, she could not believe it. She...
- Gastroenteritis: The Treatment Options
Treatments for gastroenteritis vary depending on the underlying cause. Normally, acute gastritis caused by non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications and alcohol can be lessened by stopping the usage of such substances. On the other hand, chronic arthritis occurs due to an H. pylori infection,...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. John Phillippe Broadnax M.D.350 S. NW Highway Park Ridge IL 60068
- Dr. Andrew J. Mcdavid MD328 W Main Lewisville TX 75057
- Brian John Goentzel328 W Main Lewisville TX 75057
- Dr. Don Arthur Enty M.D.1545 E Southlake Blvd Southlake TX 76092
- Dr. Eric Jon Larsen M.D.328 W Main Lewisville TX 75057
- Dr. Muhammad Zulqarnain MD1305 W Jefferson St Waxahachie TX 75165