Dr. Tana Shaffer is a radiologist practicing in Danville, PA. Dr. Shaffer specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
Philadelphia Coll of Osteo Med, Philadelphia Pa 1992
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine 1992
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR- 2005
- Member American Osteopathic Association, DO
- Univ Of Md Med Sys, Nuclear Radiology; Pennstate Geisinger Hlth Sys, Diagnostic Radiology; Geisinger Med Ctr, Family Medicine; Community Hosp Of Lancaster, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Geisinger Medical Center 1994
- Geisinger Medical Center 1998
- University of Maryland Program
- U. of Maryland Medical System - Nuclear Medicine 1999
Tana M. Shaffer D.O.'s Practice location
Tana M. Shaffer D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Christine Policare M.D.100 N ACADEMY AVE DANVILLE PA 17822
- Stacy Ann Frye M.D.100 N Academy Ave Danville PA 17822
- Scotty R. Collins M.D.100 N Academy Ave Danville PA 17822
- Adam Edelstein DO100 N ACADEMY AVE DANVILLE PA 17822
- Kyaw N Tun DO100 N ACADEMY AVE DANVILLE PA 17822
- Mary L. Strickland M.D.100 N Academy Ave Danville PA 17822