Dr. Elliot Mark Epner MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology500 University Dr Hershey PA, 17033
Dr. Elliot Epner is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Hershey, PA. Dr. Epner specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Columbia Univ Coll of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 1983
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
Dr. Elliot Mark Epner MD's Expert Contributions
Yes, as long as it is a shot which is a dead virus. No live virus vaccines. READ MORE
Yes. Have a bone marrow exam. READ MORE
there are alternatives to chemotherapy for many blood cancers including natural products such as vitamin A derivative and arsenic in APL. Immunotherapy has emerged as an alernative to chemotherapy in several malignancies. READ MORE
yes depending on what kind he has READ MORE
yes if large enough a biopsy may be needed READ MORE
Yes, for sure. Take iron. READ MORE
- Long-distance control of origin choice and replication timing in the human beta-globin locus are independent of the locus control region.
- Replication initiation patterns in the beta-globin loci of totipotent and differentiated murine cells: evidence for multiple initiation regions.
- Cyclin D1 activation in B-cell malignancy: association with changes in histone acetylation, DNA methylation, and RNA polymerase II binding to both promoter and distal sequences.
- Targeted deletion of the chicken beta-globin regulatory elements reveals a cooperative gene silencing activity.
- Inactivation of the human beta-globin gene by targeted insertion into the beta-globin locus control region.
- Sox6 directly silences epsilon globin expression in definitive erythropoiesis.
- Cladribine: not just another purine analogue?
- Cladribine plus rituximab is an effective therapy for newly diagnosed mantle cell lymphoma.
- Current approaches to epigenetic therapy for the treatment of mantle cell lymphoma.
- Vorinostat downregulates CD30 and decreases brentuximab vedotin efficacy in human
- Epigenetic therapy overcomes treatment resistance in T cell prolymphocytic
- Participation of the human beta-globin locus control region in initiation of DNA replication.
- An "in-out" strategy using gene targeting and FLP recombinase for the functional dissection of complex DNA regulatory elements: analysis of the beta-globin locus control region.
- Univ Ca Irvine Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Elliot Mark Epner MD's Practice location
Dr. Elliot Mark Epner MD's reviewsWrite Review
- The Link Between Melatonin and Lymphoma
There’s always room for improvement when it comes to the experience and outcomes of cancer treatment. Fortunately, scientists are constantly researching new, better ways to do so. Although standard treatment remains mostly the same for now, the medical community is making great strides in...
- Nurse Donates Breast Milk for Lymphoma Patient's Baby
Ashley Chestnut, a mother of two children from La Vista, Nebraska, was breastfeeding her 5-month-year-old son Easton when she began to experience a sharp and sudden pain in her shoulder and chest. “All of a sudden a sharp pain in my shoulder and chest, it was like hitting a freight train. It was...
- New Diagnostic Tool Approved for Lymphoma
A new diagnostic tool has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to help researchers identify leukemia and lymphoma cells by using a technique known as flow cytometry. A flow cytometry test for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) can help determine whether normal or abnormal DNA is...
- What are the Stages of Multiple Myeloma?
This is the uncommon type of cancer that forms in plasma cells. A type of white blood cells found in the body, plasma cells, identify and battle germs and infections that attack the body.In multiple myeloma patients, the healthy plasma cells are overtaken by cancer cells. This reduces the number of...
- Treatments for Multiple Myeloma
The cancer care crew discusses what treatment will suit you after multiple myeloma has been diagnosed and staged. The following are treatments used in multiple myeloma:...
- The Promising Future of Gene Therapy and Lymphoma
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma affects over 700,000 people in America alone. Though current treatments are moderately effective, especially for aggressive forms of the disease, more can be done to help people impacted by NHL. Researchers are doing just that by working to develop new, innovative treatment for...
- Charles W. Reninger, III.101 Erford Road Camphill Pennsylvania 17011
- Dr. Hyatt Peter DeGreen D.O.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Alfred R Leal M.D.101 ERFORD RD CAMP HILL PA 17011
- Dr. Chandra P Belani MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Jeffrey J. Pu M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Cristina I Truica M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033