Dr. Allen Wilson is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Madison, WI. Dr. Wilson specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1974
University of Illinois College of Medicine 1974
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Heart Disease
- Birth Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Childrens Hosp Med Ctr, Pediatric Cardiology; Clarian Indiana Univ Hosp, Pediatrics
- Children's Memorial Hospital 1975
Dr. Allen D Wilson MD's Practice location
CROSS PLAINS, WI 53528Get Direction
Dr. Allen D Wilson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- Dr. Nicholas H. Vonbergen M.D.600 HIGHLAND AVE MADISON WI 53792
- Luke J Lamers MD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. Kathleen R Maginot MD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. Amy Lynn hering Peterson M.D.600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. John Carter Ralphe MD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. Douglas James Schneider MD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792