Dr. Dirk Jacob Van leeuwen M.D., PH.D.
Hepatologist | Hepatology1 Medical Center Dr Dartmouth-Hitchcock Lebanon NH, 03756
Dr. Dirk Van leeuwen is a hepatologist practicing in Lebanon, NH. Dr. Van leeuwen specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Education and Training
Univ Van Amsterdam- Fac Der Geneeskunde- Amsterdam- Netherlands 1979
University of Amsterdam / Faculty of Medical Science 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Liver biopsy: who should do it...and who will show up in court?
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery with talc pleurodesis in the management of symptomatic hepatic hydrothorax.
- Liver biopsy 2005: when and how?
- Biliary intraepithelial neoplasia: an international interobserver agreement study and proposal for diagnostic criteria.
- A clinical and histopathologic perspective on evolving noninvasive and invasive alternatives for liver biopsy.
- A 56-year-old man with sudden onset of portosystemic encephalopathy years after severe electrocution trauma.
- Beyond "cirrhosis": a proposal from the International Liver Pathology Study Group.
- Hepatic steatosis estimated microscopically versus digital image analysis.
- Idiopathic esophageal ulceration is nearly forgotten in an era of controlled
- Role of aetiology in the progression, regression, and parenchymal remodelling of
- Onze Lieve Vrouwe Gasthuis
Dr. Dirk Jacob Van leeuwen M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Dirk Jacob Van leeuwen M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Van leeuwen
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- Can Hepatitis A Impact Your Quality of Life?
Hepatitis is the swelling of the liver, and this condition can be mostly curable but certain cases lead to fibrosis, liver cancer or complete liver failure. Hepatitis viruses are one of the leading sources of hepatitis, but other infections and substances like alcohol and drugs can also cause...
- Can Mononucleosis Affect My Liver?
Mononucleosis (mono) is not typically a serious disease, but it may lead to serious complications. Mononucleosis results from the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) that belongs to the herpes family. This virus is so common that most adults in their thirties have already developed immunity against it. The...
- Can Liver Diseases Lead to Liver Cancer?
What is a liver disease?Liver disease refers to medical complications that cause the liver to be damaged, making it unable to perform its functions properly. The liver is among the most valuable and life-sustaining organs in the body. The reason is that it carries out many important functions that...
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- What Are the Risk Factors for Liver Cancer?
A liver cancer risk factor is something that increases your chances of getting liver cancer. Different types of cancer have different risk factors. Some risk factors can be controlled such as smoking. On the other hand, age and family history cannot be changed, which means that some risk factors...