Dr. Joel Aaron Brochstein MD
Hematologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Hematology-Oncology30 Prospect Ave Main Building Rm 564 Hackensack NJ, 07601
Dr. Joel Brochstein is a pediatric hematologist practicing in Hackensack, NJ. Dr. Brochstein specializes in treating children that have a blood disease or cancer. Such blood diseases include disorders of red blood cells, white blood cells and/or platelets. The types of cancers that Dr. Brochstein treats include leukemias, lymphomas and certain tumors. Dr. Brochstein can also treat bleeding disorders in children. Pediatric hematologists can be found in childrens hospitals, community hospitals, university medical centers and more.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Related umbilical cord blood transplantation in patients with thalassemia and sickle cell disease.
- Bone marrow transplantation for genetic disorders.
- T-cell-depleted allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in adults with acute nonlymphocytic leukemia in first remission.
- Critical care issues in bone marrow transplantation.
- Neurologic complications of immunosuppressive agents.
- Cardiac involvement in congenital acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.
- CD34+CD33- cells influence days to engraftment and transfusion requirements in autologous blood stem-cell recipients.
- MemberNorth Shore-LIJ Medical Group
- Mem Sloan-Kettering Cancer Ctr, Pediatrics; Ny & Presby Hp-Cornell Campus, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology; Ny & Presby Hp-Cornell Campus, Pediatrics
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Dr. Joel Aaron Brochstein MD's Practice location
Hackensack, NJ 07601Get Direction
NEW HYDE PARK, NY 11040Get Direction
Dr. Joel Aaron Brochstein MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brochstein
- How Family Can Be a Powerful Support System for Those with Cystic Fibrosis
Family can be a powerful support system. People are naturally community-driven beings who are healthiest and happiest when belonging to something greater. It's the reason that people will make great sacrifices for the people they love. Family can provide the pillar for emotional support through...
- What Causes Heat Exhaustion?
Heat exhaustion is a condition that results from dehydration due to exposure to very high temperatures. Heat exhaustion is categorized into two types based on the underlying changes in the body – exhaustion due to depletion of water and exhaustion due to depletion of salt. When the condition...
- How Is Leukemia Diagnosed?
Leukemia in its early stages may present no signs or symptoms, as these only appear when the leukemia cells have taken over a large number of normal blood cells. A person with leukemia is very lucky indeed if early-stage detection occurs incidentally, through a routine blood test or one done for...
PurpuraPurpura refers to purple-colored spots that are usually seen on the skin, including mucous membranes and other organs. It is also called skin hemorrhages or blood spots.Purpura is usually recognized when there is pooling of blood under the skin due to ruptured small blood vessels. The size of...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- Dr. Sharon L. Gardner M.D.317 E 34th St New York NY 10016
- Dr. Michael Neil Needle M.D.161 Fort Washington Ave New York NY 10032
- Dr. Matthias Angelos Karajannis MD760 Broadway Brooklyn NY 11206
- Dr. Heather Magnan MD1275 York Ave New York NY 10065
- Dr. Bruce N Terrin MD885 Main St Hackensack NJ 07601
- Dr. Alexander Aledo M.D.5645 Main St Flushing NY 11355