Dr. James Holcomb is a Neonatal-Perinatal Physician practicing in Augusta, GA. Dr. Holcomb cares for the critically ill newborn and premature infants. Neonatal-Perinatal Physicians treat conditions such as breathing disorders, birth defects, infections, and any other life-threatening medical problems. They coordinate with their young patients families and other physicians to determine appropriate treatment.
Education and Training
Oh State Univ Coll of Med, Columbus Oh 1977
Ohio State University College of Medicine 1977
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Birth Defects
- Emory Univ Hosp, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine; Childrens Med Ctr, Pediatrics; Riverside Methodist Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Wright State U Affil Hosp
- Riverside Methodist Hospitals (OhioHealth) Program
Dr. James W Holcomb M.D.'s Practice location
Augusta, GA 30912Get Direction
Albany, GA 31701Get Direction
Albany, GA 31701Get Direction
Dr. James W Holcomb M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Treatments for Melanoma
What is Melanoma?Melanoma is mostly referred to as cancer of the skin, but this might not always be the case. It begins from the melanocytes, the cells that produce the pigment melanin, which gives the skin its color along with hair and eyes too. Melanocytes also form moles, which is the region or...
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Chlamydia in Women
What Is Chlamydia?Chlamydia is considered to be the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. The disease is more commonly found in women than in men. It is an infection mainly caused by the bacteria known as Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is similar to gonorrhea, having a similar...
- What Is a Pediatric Stroke: Get the Facts
Contrary to what many people think, strokes can also occur in children, unborn babies, or infants. There are two age classifications for pediatric stroke, namely, perinatal and childhood. Childhood stroke affects infants up to 18 year-olds. Perinatal stroke refers to the last 18 weeks of gestation...
- Dr. Cecil G Sharp M.D.1350 Walton Way Augusta GA 30901
- Dr. Robert F. Boedy MD1120 15th St Augusta GA 30912
- Dr. Monuj Triven Bashambu MD1120 15th St Augusta GA 30912
- Dr. Azif Safarulla MD1200 Everett Dr Oklahoma City OK 73104
- Dr. Jack Gibson Gray D.O.1120 15th St Augusta GA 30912
- Jatinder J Bhatia MBBS1120 15th Street Augusta GA 30912