Dr. Raman Sankar M.D.
Neurologist (Pediatric) | Neurodevelopmental Disabilities10833 Le Conte Ave 12-441 Mdcc Los Angeles CA, 90095
Dr. Raman Sankar is a child neurologist practicing in Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Sankar specializes in diagnosing and treating disorders of the nervous system in children from birth to young adulthood. With combined understanding of childhood illness and the special needs of each individual child and their family, Dr. Sankar is able to help each patient improve the status of their health. Conditions such as seizures, delayed speech, weakness or frequent headaches are treated by child neurologists.
Education and Training
Tulane Univ Sch of Med, New Orleans La 1986
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- 1995
- 2010-2012 Southern California Super Doctors
- 2009 Southern California Super Doctors 2008
- Pediatric Neurology, UCLA School of Medicine 1989
Dr. Raman Sankar M.D.'s Practice location
Los Angeles, CA 90095Get Direction
Dr. Raman Sankar M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sankar
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Therapy Receives Rare Pediatric Disease Designation
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is characterized by progressive muscle degeneration paired with weakness. This is caused by the lack of dystrophin. This protein is the key to muscles staying strong and uninjured. This disorder is typically found when a person is very young, as early as three years...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- Miss Ireland and Her Family's Struggle with Muscular Dystrophy
They say that the loudest voice comes from action. Most youth are currently fighting for or against something. It is truly common for people at present to let themselves be heard and spread awareness of the advocacies they champion. One would notice via television newscasts, newspapers, and articles...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- Teen Mom Leah Blows Fans Away with How She Deals with Daughter's Muscular Dystrophy
Seven-year-old Ali Simms from Teen Mom 2 suffers from a rare form of muscular dystrophy, a condition which causes problems with movement, and usually heart and respiratory issues as the disease progresses. Ali was rushed to the hospital in August after struggling to breathe, worrying her family and...
- Dr. Joyce Ying-chen Wu M.D.10833 Le Conte Avenue Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. Jason T Lerner M.D.10833 Le Conte Ave Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. Christopher Giza M.D.10833 Le Conte Ave Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. William Shields M.D.10833 Le Conte Ave Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. Sarah Copeland M.D.10833 Le Conte Ave Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. Harley Ian Kornblum M.D.10833 Le Conte Ave Los Angeles CA 90095