Dr. John F. Johanson MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology1905 E, Huebbe Parkway Beloit Health System Beloit WI, 53511
Dr. John Johanson is a gastroenterologist practicing in Beloit, WI. Dr. Johanson specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Johanson performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
University of Illinois College of Medicine 1985
- Colonoscopy in rural family practice--rebuttal to response.
- Hepatitis C therapy: is it really worth it?
- Importance of outcomes research in endoscopic practice.
- Procedure-specific outcomes assessment for colonoscopy.
- Epidemiology of esophageal and supraesophageal reflux injuries.
- Use of the Web for medical information by a gastroenterology clinic population.
- Critical review of the epidemiology of gastroesophageal reflux disease with specific comparisons to asthma and breast cancer.
- Nonsurgical treatment of hemorrhoids.
- Continuous quality improvement in the ambulatory endoscopy center.
- Risk factors for the severity of erosive esophagitis in Helicobacter pylori-negative patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Rabeprazole improves health-related quality of life in patients with erosive gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Trans-PEG ultra thin endoscopy for PEG/J Placement.
- Optimal nonsurgical treatment of hemorrhoids: a comparative analysis of infrared coagulation, rubber band ligation, and injection sclerotherapy.
- Epidemiology of constipation in North America: a systematic review.
- Endoscopic therapy in patients with pancreas divisum and acute pancreatitis: a prospective, randomized, controlled clinical trial.
- Review article: tegaserod for chronic constipation.
- Options for patients with irritable bowel syndrome: contrasting traditional and novel serotonergic therapies.
- Efficacy of esomeprazole 40 mg vs. lansoprazole 30 mg for healing moderate to severe erosive oesophagitis.
- Laxatives for the treatment of hemorrhoids.
- Healing of gastric ulcers with esomeprazole versus ranitidine in patients who continued to receive NSAID therapy: a randomized trial.
- Fiber for the treatment of hemorrhoids complications: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Practicality of high-resolution chromoendoscopy during routine screening
- Meta-analysis of flavonoids for the treatment of haemorrhoids.
- Efficacy of tegaserod in chronic constipation in men.
- Segmental distribution of colonic neuropeptides in Hirschsprung's disease.
- Chronic constipation: a survey of the patient perspective.
- Lubiprostone, a locally acting chloride channel activator, in adult patients with chronic constipation: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging study to evaluate efficacy and safety.
- Clinical trial: healing of NSAID-associated gastric ulcers in patients continuing NSAID therapy - a randomized study comparing ranitidine with esomeprazole.
- Multicenter, 4-week, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of lubiprostone, a locally-acting type-2 chloride channel activator, in patients with chronic constipation.
- Review of the treatment options for chronic constipation.
- Temporal changes in the occurrence of hemorrhoids in the United States and England.
- Efficacy and safety of lubiprostone in patients with chronic constipation.
- Efficient management of diarrhea in the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). A medical decision analysis.
- Computer-assisted analysis of abrasive transepithelial brush biopsies increases the effectiveness of esophageal screening: a multicenter prospective clinical trial by the EndoCDx Collaborative Group.
- Over-the-counter laxative polyethylene glycol 3350: an evidence-based appraisal.
- OTC polyethylene glycol 3350 and pharmacists' role in managing constipation.
- The prevalence of hemorrhoids and chronic constipation. An epidemiologic study.
- Effect of endoscopic stenting of malignant bile duct obstruction on quality of life.
- Clinical epidemiology of chronic constipation.
- An improved approach to delivery of enteral nutrition in the intensive care unit.
- A national population-based study of incidence of colorectal cancer and age. Implications for screening in older Americans.
- Constipation is not a risk factor for hemorrhoids: a case-control study of potential etiological agents.
- Optimal timing for stent replacement in malignant biliary tract obstruction.
- Epidemiology of fecal incontinence: the silent affliction.
- To scope or not to scope: the role of endoscopy in the evaluation of AIDS-related diarrhea.
- Association of hemorrhoidal disease with diarrheal disorders: potential pathogenic relationship?
- Diagnosis and management of AIDS-related diarrhea.
- Risk factors for fecal incontinence in a nursing home population.
- Evaluation of post-ERCP pancreatitis: potential causes noted during controlled study of differing contrast media. Midwest Pancreaticobiliary Study Group.
- Quality and outcomes management in gastroenterology.
- Geographic distribution of constipation in the United States.
- Curbing the costs of GI bleeding.
- Colonoscopy in rural family practice.
- Outcomes research, practice guidelines, and disease management in clinical gastroenterology.
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Medical College Of Wisconsin
- Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals Program
Dr. John F. Johanson MD's Practice location
Beloit, WI 53511Get Direction
Dr. John F. Johanson MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Johanson
- Antidepressants and Psychotherapy May Ease IBS Symptoms
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is an intestinal disorder that consists of abdominal pain, bloating and gas, diarrhea, and constipation. To date, IBS affects 3-20% of the U.S. adult population. It accounts for over 3.5 million doctor visits in the United States on an annual basis, making it one of...
- What Is Hepatitis C?
Hepatitis C is a disease caused by the hepatitis virus C. This disease particularly attacks the liver. In chronic cases, the affected person may not be aware of any signs or symptoms of the disease for years.Symptoms of Hepatitis CPeople who have an acute hepatitis C may not experience any symptoms,...
- Establish an Understanding of Ischemic Colitis
Colitis is a general term used to describe conditions that involve the inflammation of the colon. Anyone living with colitis knows how big of an impact it can make on one’s life. The most common symptom of all types of colitis is abdominal discomfort. People with colitis also frequently experience...
- Surgeon, Robot Build Former Rice University Quarterback Artificial Colon
In 2013, 18-year-old Carter Tomsu was in his freshman year at Rice University and enjoying his days as a quarterback on the football team. That is, until his health took a turn for the worse. “The first thing I noticed was just an increase in bowel movements, found blood and mucous in my stool and...
- How Is Acupuncture Used to Treat Crohn's Disease?
Crohn's disease is an inflammatory condition, which causes persistent inflammation of the patient’s intestinal tract, right from the mouth to rectum. This condition can develop anywhere in the intestines, usually in sites surrounded by healthy tissues, and can gradually spread deeper into the...
- Staten Island Chef Is Doing Big Things for Celiac Patients
There are so many limitations to a gluten-free diet, especially when going gluten-free is a matter of living a healthy or a not so healthy life. Anyone who can’t rely on traditional staples like bread, cereals, and pasta can feel at a loss when trying to figure out what to cook or how to cook it....
- Dr. Chandrashekhar Thukral M.D.330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Michael J Manley M.D.401 Roxbury Rd Rockford IL 61107
- Dr. Christopher M Gibbs MD401 Roxbury Rd Rockford IL 61107
- Dr. Steven O Ikenberry M.D.401 Roxbury Rd Rockford IL 61107
- Dr. Kevin J Peifer M.D.401 Roxbury Rd Rockford IL 61107
- Dr. Clinton T Snedegar M.D.340 Thomas More Pkwy Ft Mitchell KY 41017