Dr. Robert J Pignolo MD
Geriatrician | Geriatric Medicine3615 Chestnut Street Ralston - Penn Cente Philadelphia PA, 19104
Dr. Robert Pignolo practices Geriatric Medicine in Philadelphia, PA. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Pignolo works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Pa, Philadelphia Pa 1998
Drexel University College of Medicine 1998
- Effects of donor age on the expression of a marker of replicative senescence (EPC-1) in human dermal fibroblasts.
- Putative role for EPC-1/PEDF in the G0 growth arrest of human diploid fibroblasts.
- Differential gene expression between young and senescent, quiescent WI-38 cells.
- Changes in gene expression during senescence in culture.
- Altered expression of cell cycle dependent genes in senescent WI-38 cells.
- Molecular changes with in vitro cellular senescence.
- Telomere shortening exposes functions for the mouse Werner and Bloom syndrome genes.
- Renewed DNA synthesis in senescent WI-38 cells by expression of an inducible chimeric c-fos construct.
- Skin fibroblasts from aged Fischer 344 rats undergo similar changes in replicative life span but not immortalization with caloric restriction of donors.
- Overexpression of the two-chain form of cathepsin B in senescent WI-38 cells.
- v-ATPase V0 subunit d2-deficient mice exhibit impaired osteoclast fusion and increased bone formation.
- Hematopoietic stem-cell contribution to ectopic skeletogenesis.
- A new era for fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva: a druggable target for the second skeleton.
- Morphogen receptor genes and metamorphogenes: skeleton keys to metamorphosis.
- Defects in telomere maintenance molecules impair osteoblast differentiation and promote osteoporosis.
- Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Geriatric Medicine-Internal Medicine; Mcp Hahnemann Univ, Internal Medicine
Dr. Robert J Pignolo MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
ROCHESTER, MN 55905Get Direction
Dr. Robert J Pignolo MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pignolo
- Michael J. Fox's Impact on Parkinson’s Disease
Michael J. FoxMichael J. Fox, born as Michael Andrew Fox in 1961, is a Canadian-born actor, who received his breakthrough in Family Ties, an American sitcom. He consecutively received three Emmy awards as lead actor in this comedy series. He was the lead character in the adventure comedy film, Back...
- Can You Get Nauseated from Being Dehydrated?
Seizures, blood clots, and other life-threatening complications can arise from dehydration, which develops when the body lacks enough fluids. According to studies, energy and mood can be greatly affected even by not so severe dehydration. So detecting dehydration early is crucial although the signs,...
- Health Benefits of MSM Supplements
What is MSM?MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane, is an organic compound containing sulfur, which has been used for improving the functions of the immune system, lowering inflammation caused in the body, and restoring healthy tissue.MSM has biologically-active sulfur, which is the fourth most plentiful...
- How is Lung Cancer Diagnosed?
Lung Cancer is one of the most common and serious forms of cancers in the world. In fact, it is also one of the leading causes of cancer deaths for both men and women. This form of cancer is known to mainly affect older people, primarily those in their seventies. Smoking has been identified as one...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease (PD)?Parkinson’s disease is a chronic and progressive neurological movement disorder, which means that the symptoms of this disease gradually get worse over time. The exact cause of the disease is still unknown. There is also no cure for this medical condition, but...
- Diagnosis of Osteoporosis
It is important to get a diagnosis for osteoporosis as soon as you experience any of the symptoms associated with the condition. One should not prolong a visit with a doctor because the sooner the diagnosis, the sooner the individual will receive treatment.About 80% of your bone density is...
- Dr. Henrietta Fridman MD1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown PA 19046
- Dr. James D Plumb M.D.833 Chestnut Street Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Thomas E Lawrence MD937 E Haverford Rd Bryn Mawr PA 19010
- Dr. Titilayo Oluseyi Alabi M.D.833 Chestnut St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Barry L Marks DO6302 Morton St Philadelphia PA 19144
- Dr. Lisa A Sardanopoli MD1991 Sproul Rd. Broomall PA 19008