I was born and raised in Los Angeles. I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences from the University of Southern California, and received my Doctorate degree from the Southern California ...
Dr. Lisa Y Shiroishi O.D.'s Practice location
San Jose, CA 95126Get Direction
Dr. Lisa Y Shiroishi O.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shiroishi
best eye dr. .
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- What is Secondary Cataracts?
Everyone who has had their cataracts removed surgically remembers how happy they felt when they finally regained their ability to see. The world all of a sudden became more lively and full of color. You began doing things you couldn't do when you had the cataracts. But then you began noticing your...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- Dr. Corwin W Li O.D.2174 Shattuck Ave Berkeley CA 94704
- Dr. Kenneth H Ballentine O.D.5275 Prospect Rd San Jose CA 95129
- Dr. Jeanette Lee O.D.2555 N 1st St San Jose CA 95131
- Dr. Uyen Thanh Ngo OD1155 N Capitol Ave San Jose CA 95132
- Dr. Michael Thomas Bommarito O.D.710 Lawrence Expy Santa Clara CA 95051
- Dr. Yen-linh Thi Vu O.D.360 Minor Hall Berkeley CA 94720