Dr. Tuan-huy Tran practices Endocrinology in Metairie, LA. Dr. Tran specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Tran examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans 1999
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Ochsner Medical Center
- Ochsner Clinic Foundation Program
Dr. Tuan-huy Vu Tran MD's Practice location
Dr. Tuan-huy Vu Tran MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Osteopenia?
Osteopenia refers to a low bone mineral density, which increases the chance of bone fractures. But in this condition bone density is not as low as that of osteoporosis. This type of bone loss can make a person prone to bone fractures. Osteopenia and osteoporosis both refer to different degrees of...
- Why Does Diabetes Cause Severe Headaches?
Diabetes is a serious health issue in America, mainly as a result of the increasing obesity rate. The symptoms or effects of diabetes include blurred vision or blindness, loss of limbs and sensitivity to certain foods, and more recently, headaches. Diabetes is considered a serious health condition...
- Is Diabetes Really More Prevalent in Rural Areas?
Diabetes, the disease wherein blood sugar rises to a drastically high level, is considered to be one of the deadliest diseases in the world. It’s not surprising anymore since so many of the foods that we eat are rich in glucose. However, it is not just food that makes us develop diabetes, but it...
- Bret Michaels Rocks Diabetes: An Update on his Health
Bret Michaels is a successful, world-renown singer and songwriter who has sold an impressive number of 35 million records across the globe.Although he has been singing for more than 3 decades, his latest achievements include winning the “Celebrity Apprentice 3”. He was also awarded as the No. 1...
- When Could Polydipsia Be a Sign of Something Serious?
Extreme thirst is medically referred to as polydipsia, which is believed to be the first signs of diabetes. Polydipsia can also be accompanied by dry mouth, which could be constantly or temporarily experienced.In order for the body to function properly, it is important to drink an adequate amount of...
- A Step Closer to Winning the Diabetes War: The Stem Cell Approach
Diabetes is one of the most widespread metabolic disorders in the world. According to key facts listed by the World Health Organization, the number of people with diabetes has risen dramatically from 108 million in 1980 to 422 million in 2014 with prevalence in patients 18 years old and above...
- Dr. Ramona Granda-rodriguez MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Vivian Andrew Fonseca MD1430 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Susana Laura Dipp M.D.1804 Persimmon Ave Metairie LA 70001
- Dr. Mario R Mcnally M.D.3525 Prytania St New Orleans LA 70115
- Dr. Ali Asghar Jawa M.D.1430 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Shamsa Arshad Ali MD1000 Ochsner Blvd Covington LA 70433