Dr. Nicholas Mohr practices Emergency Medicine in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Mohr assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Mohr examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 2006
- Generational influences in academic emergency medicine: structure, function, and culture (Part II).
- Increased mortality with early therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest - a
- Continuous capnography should be used for every emergency department procedural sedation.
- Mechanical ventilation and acute lung injury in emergency department patients with severe sepsis and septic shock: an observational study.
- Point: Should antipyretic therapy be given routinely to febrile patients in septic shock? Yes.
- Characterizing critical care physician staffing in rural America: a description of Iowa intensive care unit staffing.
- Duration of prehospital intubation is not a risk factor for development of early ventilator-associated pneumonia.
- Limiting acute respiratory distress syndrome in the emergency department: a survey of US academic emergency medicine physicians.
- Prehospital tidal volume influences hospital tidal volume: A cohort study.
- Achieving regionalization through rural interhospital transfer.
- Discordance Between Patient and Clinician Experiences and Priorities in Rural Interhospital Transfer: A Mixed Methods Study.
- Interhospital Transfer Delays Appropriate Treatment for Patients With Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock: A Retrospective Cohort Study.
- Urinary Squamous Epithelial Cells Do Not Accurately Predict Urine Culture Contamination, but May Predict Urinalysis Performance in Predicting Bacteriuria.
- Telemedicine Provides Noninferior Research Informed Consent for Remote Study Enrollment: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Indiana University Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Nicholas M. Mohr MD's Practice location
Dr. Nicholas M. Mohr MD's reviewsWrite Review
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- Dr. Andrew P Weiss M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Christopher P Hogrefe M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Jerry L. Browne M.D.500 E MARKET ST IOWA CITY IA 52245
- Dr. Olivia Erin Bailey MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Matthew T Spragg DO200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Michael Takacs MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242