Dr. Rebeca Porto is a pathologist practicing in Miami, FL. Dr. Porto is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Porto can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Porto may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
University of Miami School of Medicine,Miami, Fl, United States MD 1982
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Hlth, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
Rebeca Porto's Practice location
Miami, FL 33136Get Direction
Rebeca Porto's reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Idalia Santaella MD135 San Lorenzo Ave Coral Gables FL 33146
- Dr. Andrea Proctor Subhawong MDJohns Hopkins Medical Institutions Dept Of Patholo Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Juan P. Palazzo M.D.1020 Locust St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Andrea Klein Blumberg M.D.3501 Johnson St Hollywood FL 33021
- Dr. Jack Victor Chaney M.D.3501 Johnson St Hollywood FL 33021
- Dr. Nat Evan Pinnar M.D.3501 Johnson St Hollywood FL 33021