Dr. Sarah Kong is a Dentist practicing in Dallas, TX. Dr. Kong specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Dentistry DDS 2005
Dr. Sarah Heshin Kong D.D.S.'s Expert Contributions
Call your treating provider. They will determine what you need based on your procedure and your medical condition. READ MORE
The most common cause of dry mouth is medication. Have it checked by your dentist to determine if certain OTC treatments can be helpful and if you need to see your physician for a possible underlying medical condition. READ MORE
Oftentimes, when there is a cavity between teeth, it is not uncommon for both teeth to be affected. Your dentist can usually see this on the x-ray or directly in the mouth when performing the filling on one tooth. However, sensitivity after a filling is also not unusual. If the sensitivity persists or worsens over the the next week or two, call your dentist to have the tooth checked and maybe the bite adjusted. READ MORE
Flossing 1-2x daily will greatly improve your gum health. Try it for a couple weeks and you should see improvement. Adding a Waterpik can also help flush out lots of hidden food particles from between the teeth and gums. Also, having your teeth cleaned professionally more often (e.g., 3-4 times a year) will help keep your oral health in better shape. READ MORE
If the chip is mild and the tooth is not sensitive, dental bonding is a very conservative way to fix your chip. It is an additive procedure to replace what got chipped. It is done the same day and costs much less than a porcelain crown or veneer. READ MORE
Ask your dentist about the cause of the yellowing and if teeth whitening would be a good option for you. The best time to whiten your teeth is after getting them cleaned for optimal whitening results. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Restorative DentistryBaylor College of Dentistry2005 - 2005
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- Dallas County Dental Society
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Texas Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Community Partners of Dallas
- Dentistry With a Heart
- World Vision
- International Students, Inc
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
Dr. Sarah Heshin Kong D.D.S.'s Practice location
Dallas, TX 75225 Get Direction
Dallas, TX 75201 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Sarah Heshin Kong D.D.S. | Dentist | General Practice
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Sarah Heshin Kong D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Are Dentures the Solution to Your Dental Problems?
What are dentures?A denture is a device prepared by laboratory technicians in order to replace missing teeth. Dentures are a good option for patients without any teeth, or for patients with some missing teeth who want to have a beautiful smile again. Dentures are not only meant for cosmetic...
- Gum Contouring
Gum contouring, also known as gum reshaping or tissue sculpting, is a dental procedure done to correct an uneven gum line in people who have teeth resting either too high or low on the gums.The cause of the gums being too high or too low is mainly genetics. It may also be due to certain medical...
- How to Get a White, Bright & Vibrant Smile
It has become easier to remove stains from teeth without having to pay large sums of money. Local pharmacies and drug stores sell teeth whitening kits that are cost effective. Most of these products do not cause any side effects if the individual follows instructions correctly.Tips to remember while...
- What Is Dry Socket?
What is Dry Socket?Getting a tooth extracted is far from being an enjoyable experience for anyone, and no doubt that after the extraction, one feels discomfort for some time. However, if the pain remains even after a few days, it should be seen as a tip-off of an oral condition called dry socket.Dry...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- The 3 Biggest Threats to Your Teeth
Teeth can last a lifetime if they are properly cared for. However, different factors can influence the looks and quality of your teeth over time. Chips, fractures, and broken teethChipping and fracturing teeth occurs when one bites on something very hard, like a popcorn kernel or stale bread. This...
- Dr. Toni P. Hamilton D.D.S. 910 W Mitchell St Arlington Texas 76013
- Josephine (Jodi) D Danna DDS 5072 West Plano Parkway Plano Texas 75093
- Dr. Leon Demont James DDS 150 East Highway 67 Duncanville Texas 75137
- Dr. Bryant P. Lee D.M.D. 300 W Boyd Allen TX 75013
- Dr. Grace T. Chu D.M.D. 6009 Beltline Road Dallas Texas 75254
- Dr. Nidhi Jaiswal DDS 4150 Eldorado Pkwy McKinney Texas 75070