Dr. Sarah Kong is a Dentist practicing in Dallas, TX. Dr. Kong specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Dentistry DDS 2005
Dr. Sarah Heshin Kong D.D.S.'s Expert Contributions
Call your treating provider. They will determine what you need based on your procedure and your medical condition. READ MORE
The most common cause of dry mouth is medication. Have it checked by your dentist to determine if certain OTC treatments can be helpful and if you need to see your physician for a possible underlying medical condition. READ MORE
Oftentimes, when there is a cavity between teeth, it is not uncommon for both teeth to be affected. Your dentist can usually see this on the x-ray or directly in the mouth when performing the filling on one tooth. However, sensitivity after a filling is also not unusual. If the sensitivity persists or worsens over the the next week or two, call your dentist to have the tooth checked and maybe the bite adjusted. READ MORE
Flossing 1-2x daily will greatly improve your gum health. Try it for a couple weeks and you should see improvement. Adding a Waterpik can also help flush out lots of hidden food particles from between the teeth and gums. Also, having your teeth cleaned professionally more often (e.g., 3-4 times a year) will help keep your oral health in better shape. READ MORE
If the chip is mild and the tooth is not sensitive, dental bonding is a very conservative way to fix your chip. It is an additive procedure to replace what got chipped. It is done the same day and costs much less than a porcelain crown or veneer. READ MORE
Ask your dentist about the cause of the yellowing and if teeth whitening would be a good option for you. The best time to whiten your teeth is after getting them cleaned for optimal whitening results. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Restorative DentistryBaylor College of Dentistry2005 - 2005
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- Dallas County Dental Society
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Texas Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Community Partners of Dallas
- Dentistry With a Heart
- World Vision
- International Students, Inc
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
Dr. Sarah Heshin Kong D.D.S.'s Practice location
Dallas, TX 75225 Get Direction
Dallas, TX 75201 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Sarah Heshin Kong D.D.S. | Dentist | General Practice
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Sarah Heshin Kong D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Everything You Need to Know About Dental Implants
Dental implants are devices that are used to replace natural teeth. These implants are placed into the jawbone, which over the time, fuse with the natural bone and gain stability.Dental implants are recommended for patients who do not have their natural teeth. This will allow the individual to have...
- When are Dental Crowns Recommended?
What is a Dental Crown?Dental crowns are used for saving damaged or broken teeth, as well as when a tooth requires a root canal treatment. In order for the dental crown to get attached to the tooth, the tooth needs to be reduced in size first.A dental crown is a prosthetic superstructure that...
- Illinois Dental Practice Offers Sleep Apnea Treatment
There are a few options for treating sleep apnea. The most common that many people are familiar with is using a CPAP machine. CPAP machines work wonders for most patients. Some patients choose to get surgery to try to correct the problem. The least known treatment for sleep apnea can...
- Gummy Bears That Contain Xylitol Can Reduce Cavities
A new study has shown that gummy bears made of xylitol, a sugar substitute, can prevent cavities in children. In this study, 154 students from first to fifth grade of an elementary school in Washington were recruited. The students were given four gummy bears made with xylitol or malitol three times...
- Get a Better Smile with Licorice Root
According to a new study published in the Journal of Natural Products, licorice, the main ingredient in candy, may help to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Teeth protection is provided by the compounds found in the dried root of licorice plant. Chinese licorice, found in northern mainland...
- Dr. Toni P. Hamilton D.D.S. 910 W Mitchell St Arlington TX 76013
- Scott William Roberts 5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Josephine (Jodi) D Danna DDS 5072 West Plano Parkway Plano TX 75093
- Dr. Javier Ortiz D.M.D 700 W Campbell Rd Richardson Texas 75080
- Raymond Rodriguez DMD 6009 Beltline Dallas TX 75254
- Sylvia Swords Gleaton D.D.S. 719 N Fielder Rd Arlington TX 76012