Dr. Michael Damiano is an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, also known as an otolaryngologist, practicing in Greenbelt, MD. Dr. Damiano specializes in diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat as well as other parts of the head and neck. Such structures an ENT may work on include the sinuses, larynx (voice box) and mouth in addition to the ear, nose and throat. There are seven areas of expertise that an ENT might specialize in, and these are: allergies; facial reconstructive surgery; head and neck; laryngology; otology/neurotology; pediatric otolaryngology; and rhinology.
Education and Training
Univ of Md Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1987
University of Maryland School of Medicine 1987
OtolaryngologyAmerican Board of OtolaryngologyABOto
- Hearing Loss
- Ear Infection
- Acid Reflux
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Ear Wax
- Univ Of Md Med Sys, Otolaryngology; Univ Of Md Med Sys, General Surgery
- University of Maryland Affiliated Hospitals
- University of Maryland Program
Dr. Michael Joseph Damiano MD's Practice location
Greenbelt, MD 20770Get Direction
Dr. Michael Joseph Damiano MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Remedies for Fluid Buildup in the Ear
Fluid Buildup in the EarA buildup of fluid in the ear can lead to a painful ear infection, disruption in balance, hearing loss, and headache. This condition is one of the most common problems seen in children. The most common cause of water trapped in the ear is swimming. However, water can get...
- The Diagnosis and Treatment of Strep Throat
Treatments for Strep Throat Strep throat is a bacterial disease that affects the tonsils and the throat. It is an infection characterized by inflammation of the throat that leads to a sudden and severe sore throat, and is mainly caused by a bacterium known as streptococcus, hence its name, strep...
- How to Prepare for a Tonsillectomy
What Is a Tonsillectomy?The tonsils are a very important part of your body. They are located in two glands at the back of your throat. In your younger years, they help produce antibodies that help you fight infections that attack your body. Sometimes, however, the tonsils themselves can get...
- What Medications Treat Sinusitis?
Normally, sinusitis symptoms improve on their own over a period of seven to ten days, since your immune system can fight the infection without need for treatment.However, when the symptoms do not improve or if they become severe, medication may be required. Using medications for sinusitis are for...
- When Is Sleep Apnea an Issue?
Sleep apnea is a severe type of sleep disorder that disrupts your breathing while you are asleep. This tends to occur when the brain, as well as the rest of the body, does not get enough oxygen supply. Sleep apnea can affect any individual at any age and it is a potentially life-threatening...
- Meniere's Disease
What is Meniere’s disease?This is a rare medical condition that occurs in the inner ear and impacts the ability to hear and balance. It is common knowledge that the inner ear is responsible for hearing, but not everyone knows it is responsible for balance as well. Therefore, a disease such as...
- Ernest M. Myers11120 New Hampshire Avenue Silver Springs Maryland 20904
- Jerome S. Schwartz5454 Wisconsin Avenue Chevy Chase Maryland 20815
- Dr. James Kevin Markwell M.D.National Naval Med Ctr 8901 Wisconsin Ave Bethesda MD 20889
- Dr. Arpita Germanwala M.D., M.S.11418 Rockville Pike Rockville MD 20852
- Dr. Thomas Rudolph Troost MD2300 M ST NW WASHINGTON DC 20037
- Dr. Stanley Chia MD110 Irving St Nw Washington DC 20010