Stephen H. Lebowitz MD
Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology4733 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles CA, 90027
Dr. Stephen Lebowitz is a cardiologist practicing in Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Lebowitz specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Lebowitz also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1972
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
Stephen H. Lebowitz MD's Practice location
Los Angeles, CA 90027Get Direction
- When Could Orthopnea Mean Something More Serious?
IntroductionOrthopnea is the medical term used when referring to the occurrence of dyspnea (shortness of breath) when you are lying flat. This symptom is often a sign of heart failure. However, orthopnea can also be due to other health conditions. Dyspnea (shortness of breath) is not the same with...
- Stress Can Directly Affect a Woman's Heart
Results of a study presented in the Experimental Biology 2012 meeting in San Diego showed that coping with mental stress is harder on a woman's heart, when compared to that of men. Researcher Chester Ray, PhD, professor of medicine, and cellular and molecular physiology at Penn State's College of...
- How to Control Your Sodium Levels
A recent CDC report shows that many of the foods used in restaurants and foods sold in grocery stores have the potential to increase sodium levels in the body when consumed. Breads and rolls were noted to be the most important culprits among the variety of foods that do this. Some foods that...
- A New Form of Spaghetti Has Been Designed to Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
Scientists have developed ‘super spaghetti’, a variant of the normal form made from barley flour and this new form of noodles is supposed to reduce the risk of heart disease. Super spaghetti was developed by the scientists in Italy and Spain and the report is published in, Journal of...
- Professional Teeth Cleanings Can Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
Getting the teeth cleaned by a professional may not only give you a healthy and sparkling smile but also a healthier heart, according to a new study. In this study, people who regularly got their teeth cleaned and scaled by a dentist had a 24% less chance of getting heart disease, when compared to...
- When Should You See a Heart Surgeon?
What Does a Heart Surgeon Do?A heart surgeon or cardiovascular surgeon is known for operating on the heart as well as the blood vessels for repairing any damage that has been caused to the heart. This could be due to any kind of disorder or disease of the cardiovascular system. Most of the time, the...
- Karim El-Sherief MD2020 Zonal Ave Los Angeles CA 90089
- Neda Buljubasic M.D.UCLA, Peter Morton Medical Building 200 Medical Plaza Los Angeles, CA 90095. Los Angeles CA 90095
- Osamah Amin el-Attar M.D.1234 N VERMONT AVE LOS ANGELES CA 90029
- Milton Perry Smith M.D.630 South Raymond Avenue Pasadena California 91105
- Robert B. Kalmansohn415 South Spalding Drive Beverly Hills California 90212
- David Yitzchok Manela MD5304 Goodland Ave Valley Village CA 91607