Dr. Bert R. Mandelbaum, MD, DHL
Sports Medicine Specialist | Sports Medicine2020 Santa Monica Blvd Suite 400 Santa Monica CA, 90404
Dr. Bert Mandelbaum is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Santa Monica, CA. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Mandelbaum is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Dr. Bert R. Mandelbaum, MD, DHL's Videos
Education and Training
Washington Univ Sch Of Med- St Louis Mo 1980
Washington University In St Louis School of Medicine,St Louis, Mo, United States 1980
Mechanical Engineering 1977
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Lateral ankle sprains: a comprehensive review: part 1: etiology, pathoanatomy, histopathogenesis, and diagnosis.
- Preseason conditioning to prevent soccer injuries in young women.
- Cartilage restoration: overview of treatment options.
- Anterior cruciate ligament tear prevention in the female athlete.
- Congenital absence of the long head of the biceps tendon. A case report.
- Articular cartilage repair in soccer players with autologous chondrocyte transplantation: functional outcome and return to competition.
- A treatment algorithm for the management of articular cartilage defects.
- Anterior cruciate ligament tear prevention in the female athlete.
- Articular cartilage defects of the distal femur in children and adolescents: treatment with autologous chondrocyte implantation.
- Stress injury leading to slipped capital femoral epiphysis in a competitive adolescent tennis player: a case report.
- Avoiding allograft length mismatch during anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: patient height as an indicator of appropriate graft length.
- Articular cartilage repair in athletes.
- Prevention of anterior cruciate ligament injury in the female athlete.
- Tibial aperture bone disruption after retrograde versus antegrade tibial tunnel drilling: a cadaveric study.
- Emerging options for treatment of articular cartilage injury in the athlete.
- 2010-2012 Southern California Super Doctors
- 2009 Southern California Super Doctors 2008
- 2007 Los Angeles Super Doctors
- Torn Meniscus
- Acl Tear
- UCLA Medical Center - Sports Medicine
- Sports Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine 1985
- UCLA School of Medicine
Dr. Bert R. Mandelbaum, MD, DHL's Practice location
Santa Monica, CA 90404Get Direction
Dr. Bert R. Mandelbaum, MD, DHL's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mandelbaum
Get to know Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Bret R. Mandelbaum, who serves patients in Santa Monica, California.
Dr. Mandelbaum is a surgeon serving Santa Monica and the surrounding communities. He is affiliated with Cedars-Sinai: Kerlan Jobe Institute, the sports division of the Cedars-Sinai Department of Orthopaedics, the institute provides comprehensive care for a broad range of orthopaedic conditions. Their physicians are the official team healthcare providers for the Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Rams, Los Angeles Sparks, and national and international cycling, golf and triathlon events.
In regards to his education, Dr. Mandelbaum earned his Medical Degree from the Washington University School of Medicine in 1980. He went on to complete an internship in general surgery and a residency in orthopaedic surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital. He has also completed a fellowship in sports medicine with the University of California Los Angeles.
To stay up to date in his field, Dr. Mandelbaum maintains professional memberships with the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, the American College of Sports Medicine, the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, the Arthroscopy Association of North America, the International Cartilage Repair Society, and the Western Orthopaedic Society.
His patients have excellent experiences with him, one stating, “Dr. Mandelbaum was the second surgeon we went to for a consultation after my son suffered a torn meniscus. His extensive knowledge of soccer athletes in particular, as well as his positive demeanor, were what sold us on having him do the surgery. The communication from his office was consistent and encouraging throughout the process. He held my son to a high standard for his rehab and made sure he was doing the work he needed to do to get back on the pitch. He was cleared to return to playing just over 6 weeks post-op. We could not be happier with Dr. Mandelbaum and will refer him to all our friends and family.”
Orthopaedics is the medical specialty that focuses on injuries and diseases of your body’s musculoskeletal system. This complex system, which includes your bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves, allows you to move, work, and be active. While orthopaedic surgeons are familiar with all aspects of the musculoskeletal system, many orthopaedists specialize in certain areas, such as the foot and ankle, spine, shoulder, hand, hip or knee. As a surgeon, Dr. Mandelbaum is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed.
With over four decades of experience in the field, Dr. Mandelbaum has treated thousands of patients. He has been awarded and recognized numerous times throughout his career, including being listed as a “Super Doctor” in Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery in 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- How is Frostbite Treated?
How is Frostbite Treated?Frostbite is a cold-related condition in which tissue freezes when the body is exposed to temperatures below the freezing point of the skin. Hands, feet, the nose, and ears are most commonly affected by this condition. Frostbite can affect almost anybody, but some have a...
- What Are the Symptoms of Sepsis?
What is sepsis?Sepsis is a severe and an extreme immune response to an infection and is considered as an emergency medical condition. Widespread inflammation occurs due to the chemicals that are released into the blood to counter an infection.Inflammation can damage the body's vital organs. The...
- 10 Tips on Living with Bursitis
Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation and pain around the joints. This can happen in the tendons, muscles, or even bones. It is brought by inflammation of the bursa. Bursa is a fluid-filled sac that acts as a cushion around your joints. Usually, when your joints are subjected to excess...
- Alternative Treatment for Shin Splints
What Are Shin Splints?Shin splints are the result of severe stress being placed on the tibia. This stress leads to inflammation of the surrounding muscle tissues; thus, leading to severely debilitating pain. At times, the pain can be so severe that it may even cause difficulties simply taking a step...
- Is Dehydration an Emergency?
Dehydration refers to excessive loss of body fluids due to various reasons. Under normal conditions, the body’s requirement of fluid depends on the weight of the body. When there is loss of fluid in the form of sweat, vomiting, diarrhea, or excess production of urine, one should replace the fluid...
- Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?
Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?Cholera is an infection that causes thousands of deaths around the world every year. The biggest challenge posed by cholera is that it is difficult to control and treat at the same time. The infection spreads very fast affecting a huge...
- Dr. Neal Selim Elattrache MD6801 Park Terrace Los Angeles CA 90045
- Dr. James E. Tibone MD6801 PARK TERRACE LOS ANGELES CA 90045
- Dr. Jonathan Frank MD8501 WILSHIRE BLVD STE 316 BEVERLY HILLS CA 90211
- Dr. Andrew M Blecher M.D.436 N. Bedford Drive Beverly Hills CA 90210
- Dr. Gary Brazina M. D.5450 Lincoln Blvd Playa Vista CA 900494
- Dr. Ronald Perelman M.D.18531 Roscoe Blvd Northridge CA 91324