Dr. John D Wilcox MD
Ophthalmologist2023 Professional Center Drive Orange Park FL, 32073
Dr. John Wilcox is an ophthalmologist practicing in Orange Park, FL. Dr. Wilcox specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Wilcox can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Wilcox can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- National Naval Medical Center
Dr. John D Wilcox MD's Practice location
Orange Park, FL 32073Get Direction
Dr. John D Wilcox MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Wilcox
- What Are Congenital Cataracts?
Cataracts can be present at birth – which is termed as congenital, and in other cases can develop later in life. Various studies have shown an estimation that one out of every 250 children will develop a cataract either prior to birth or during childhood. While the exact cause is unknown,...
- Can I Have Cataract Surgery on Both Eyes at the Same Time?
When your doctor determines that both eyes have a cataract, the eye having a denser cataract will be operated on first. After a couple of days or weeks, the second eye can then be operated on.This approach gives the first eye time to recover and the vision to stabilize as you wait for another...
- Diagnosing Cataracts: What You Need To Know
What are cataracts?When the lens located inside the human eye gets cloudy, it is called a cataract. A cataract in Latin means waterfall, thus describing what your vision with cataract is like; seeing through a waterfall. A cataract occurs as a result of the inability of the lens to allow sufficient...
- What are the Risks to Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery is a surgical procedure which corrects deteriorating vision by reshaping the surface of the eye, more precisely the corneal layer in such a manner that light enters the eye at the angle appropriate for correct vision. Nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia) and...
- Should I Opt for Cataracts Surgery?
Cataracts is a cloudy area in the lens of the eye that blocks the light entering the eye, thus affecting vision. Surgery is one of the most common options to treat cataracts and improve vision. It is performed by an ophthalmologist and in most cases, is an outpatient procedure. Cataracts is an eye...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Frank Bowden, III.7205 Bonneval Road Jacksonville Florida 32256
- Dr. Tina N. Tillis MD580 West 8th Street Jacksonville Florida 32259
- Dr. Ravi Radhakrishnan MD559 Gramatan Avenue Mount Vernon NY 10552
- Dr. Adam David Koenigsberg MD8833 Perimeter Park Blvd Jacksonville FL 32216
- Mr. Kakarla V Chalam MD580 W 8th St Jacksonville FL 32209
- Dr. John P Sullivan MD7740 Point Meadows Drive Jacksonville FL 32256