Dr. Michael S Baskin MD
Sports Medicine Specialist | Sports Medicine1515 Nw 18th Ave Suite 300 Portland OR, 97209
Dr. Michael Baskin is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Portland, OR. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Baskin is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Education and Training
Univ of Wa Sch of Med, Seattle Wa 1961
University of Washington School of Medicine 1961
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Torn Meniscus
- Back Pain
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Or Hlth Sci Univ Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery; Univ Wa Med Ctr, General Surgery; Moffitt Hosp Univ Of Ca, General Surgery
- University of Washington Affiliated Hospitals 1962
- Oregon Health & Science University Affiliated Hospitals 1963
- Oregon Health & Science University Program
Dr. Michael S Baskin MD's Practice location
Portland, OR 97209Get Direction
Dr. Michael S Baskin MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Baskin
- Do I Have Migraines?
Do I Have Migraines?Migraines are one of the most common types of headaches that affect people. The irritating pain is often accompanied by characteristic warning signs like blind spots, nausea, vomiting, and other symptoms. Migraines are caused by the enlargement of blood vessels along with the...
- Hot Coffee or Tea May Reduce the Risk of MRSA
What is MRSA?Staphylococcus aureus (S.aureus or Staph) is a harmful bacterium which is mostly present on the skin of an individual. In a normal scenario, the bacterium does not cause any harm or present symptoms.However, when the skin gets damaged or injured (a scratch or cut), this bacterium can...
- When Do You Need to See a Sports Medicine Doctor?
IntroductionPeople of all ages may engage in sports as a pastime for enjoyment or athletic competition. However, participating in sports can also sometimes result in injuries. Effectively and quickly attending to these injuries make it possible for athletes to recover and return doing sports.Sports...
- What Should I Know About Blood Clots?
Blood flows continuously through blood vessels and supplies nutrients and oxygen to different parts of the body. At the site of an injury, a blood clot prevents excess bleeding. Under normal conditions, blood clots are lifesaving. When the clot is formed as a part of normal repair process in the...
- What Is Flakka?
Flakka is now more popular than ever, with stories about its use spreading to national news channels. These stories range from hilarious to frightening, which makes flakka so interesting. There are stories of people running through the streets naked, which are a bit hilarious. However, there are...
- 10 Tips on Living with Bursitis
Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation and pain around the joints. This can happen in the tendons, muscles, or even bones. It is brought by inflammation of the bursa. Bursa is a fluid-filled sac that acts as a cushion around your joints. Usually, when your joints are subjected to excess...
- Dr. Ira M Weintraub MD1515 Nw 18th Ave Portland OR 97209
- Dr. Evan D Ellis MD200 NE MOTHER JOSEPH PL VANCOUVER WA 98664
- Dr. Karl Nicholas Kaluza D.O.4811 MEADOWS RD STE 101 LAKE OSWEGO OR 97035
- Dr. Bryce Bederka M.D.501 N Graham St Portland OR 97227
- Dr. Anthony I Colorito MD1515 Nw 18th Ave Portland OR 97209
- Dr. Melissa A. Novak DO4411 Sw Vermont St Portland OR 97219