Dr. Santiago Munoz MD
Hepatologist | Hepatology3401 N Broad St Philadelphia PA, 19140
Dr. Santiago Munoz is a hepatologist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Munoz specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Education and Training
Univ De Valparaiso, Fac De Med, Valparaiso, Chile 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Thos Jefferson Univ Hosp, Gastroenterology; Thos Jefferson Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine; Johns Hopkins Hosp, Clinical Pharmacology
Dr. Santiago Munoz MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19140Get Direction
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19102Get Direction
Dr. Santiago Munoz MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Munoz
- How Alcohol Abuse Can Influence Liver Cancer
Alcohol, what really is alcohol? From the scientific point of view, it is an organic compound. In this case, we look at it as a beverage made through the process of sugar fermentation. Alcohol can be highly intoxicating. Alcohol abuse entails the recurrent and harmful usage of alcohol.Alcohol abuse...
- Can Mononucleosis Affect My Liver?
Mononucleosis (mono) is not typically a serious disease, but it may lead to serious complications. Mononucleosis results from the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) that belongs to the herpes family. This virus is so common that most adults in their thirties have already developed immunity against it. The...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Liver Cirrhosis?
Cirrhosis is attributed to an abnormal condition which causes a scarring of the liver that damages the functioning of the liver considerably. There are a number of factors that can result in the cirrhosis of the liver such as consuming excessive alcohol, viral hepatitis, other liver disease and so...
- Can Liver Diseases Lead to Liver Cancer?
What is a liver disease?Liver disease refers to medical complications that cause the liver to be damaged, making it unable to perform its functions properly. The liver is among the most valuable and life-sustaining organs in the body. The reason is that it carries out many important functions that...
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- What Are the Risk Factors for Liver Cancer?
A liver cancer risk factor is something that increases your chances of getting liver cancer. Different types of cancer have different risk factors. Some risk factors can be controlled such as smoking. On the other hand, age and family history cannot be changed, which means that some risk factors...
- Dr. Victor Araya MD13 Daisy Ln Ambler PA 19002
- Dr. Eyob L Feyssa MD, MPH, FACP5401 Old York Rd Philadelphia PA 19141
- Dr. Ashraf Hossain Malek M.D.63 KRESSON ROAD CHERRY HILL NJ 08034
- Dr. Scott Andrew Fink MD100 E Lancaster Ave Wynnewood PA 19096
- Mr. Bijo Kythaparampil john MD5501 Old York Rd Philadelphia PA 19141
- Dr. Anne H Norris MD39th And Market St Philadelphia PA 19104