Dr. Alissa Kahn is a pediatric hematologist practicing in Paterson, NJ. Dr. Kahn specializes in treating children that have a blood disease or cancer. Such blood diseases include disorders of red blood cells, white blood cells and/or platelets. The types of cancers that Dr. Kahn treats include leukemias, lymphomas and certain tumors. Dr. Kahn can also treat bleeding disorders in children. Pediatric hematologists can be found in childrens hospitals, community hospitals, university medical centers and more.
Dr. Alissa Rachel Kahn M.D.'s Practice location
Paterson, NJ 07503Get Direction
Dr. Alissa Rachel Kahn M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Lupus Patients Respond Well to Yogurt Bacteria
The future of lupus treatments may be related to the effect of certain bacteria in bodies with lupus.It is really easy to picture the landscape of a dozen yogurt containers at the bottom of the fridge, perfectly placed, ready to be eaten at any given time of the day. Yogurt is surely one of the most...
- How Emotional Intelligence Helps Ensure Patients' Safety
There is no doubt that nursing is one of the most rewarding careers out there. Those individuals who choose to become nurses have the opportunity to help patients and families through some of the most difficult and rewarding times in their lives. From births to deaths, nurses are the soldiers that...
- How Is Leukemia Diagnosed?
Leukemia in its early stages may present no signs or symptoms, as these only appear when the leukemia cells have taken over a large number of normal blood cells. A person with leukemia is very lucky indeed if early-stage detection occurs incidentally, through a routine blood test or one done for...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
PurpuraPurpura refers to purple-colored spots that are usually seen on the skin, including mucous membranes and other organs. It is also called skin hemorrhages or blood spots.Purpura is usually recognized when there is pooling of blood under the skin due to ruptured small blood vessels. The size of...
- Dr. Matthias Angelos Karajannis MD1275 YORK AVE NEW YORK NY 10065
- Dr. Leonard H Wexler MD1275 York Ave New York NY 10021
- Dr. Daniel A. Weiser M.D.3415 BAINBRIDGE AVE BRONX NY 10467
- Dr. Orit Einat Oppenheimer MD440 White Plains Rd Eastchester NY 10709
- Dr. Rachel Kobos MD1275 York Ave New York NY 10065
- Dr. Maria Luisa Sulis MD161 Fort Washington Ave New York NY 10032