Dr. Tarik Tihan MD
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology513 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA, 94143
Dr. Tarik Tihan is a pathologist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Tihan is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Tihan can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Tihan may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
ISTANBUL UNIV, ISTANBUL TIP FAK, ISTANBUL, TURKEY 1985
University Istanbul 1985
University Sakartvelo Faculty of Medicine 1986
Istanbul Universitesi 1985
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Neuropathology
- Univ Hosp-Suny Stony Brook, Neuropathology; Mem Sloan-Kettering Cancer Ctr, Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine; Beth Israel Med Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Program
- University Hospital at Stony Brook 1997
Dr. Tarik Tihan MD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
Dr. Tarik Tihan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tihan
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Dr. Ryan Michael Gill M.D., PH.D.Ucsf San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Nupoor Gajjar MD350 Hawthorne Ave Oakland CA 94609
- Dr. Ronald Balassanian MD1600 Divisadero St San Francisco CA 94115
- Dr. Emmanuel Adegoke Fadeyi MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Christopher John Jacques MD250 Bon Air Rd Greenbrae CA 94904
- Dr. Mark Alan Bennett D.D.S.1331 S Eliseo Dr Greenbrae CA 94904