Dr. Tarik Tihan MD
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology513 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA, 94143
Dr. Tarik Tihan is a pathologist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Tihan is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Tihan can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Tihan may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
ISTANBUL UNIV, ISTANBUL TIP FAK, ISTANBUL, TURKEY 1985
University Istanbul 1985
University Sakartvelo Faculty of Medicine 1986
Istanbul Universitesi 1985
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Neuropathology
- Univ Hosp-Suny Stony Brook, Neuropathology; Mem Sloan-Kettering Cancer Ctr, Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine; Beth Israel Med Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Program
- University Hospital at Stony Brook 1997
Dr. Tarik Tihan MD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
Dr. Tarik Tihan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tihan
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Dr. Ryan Michael Gill M.D., PH.D.Ucsf San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Emmanuel Adegoke Fadeyi MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Sahussapont Joseph Sirintrapun MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Rageshree Ramachandran MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Michelle Eldon madden Felicella M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- John S Greenspan DDS513 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143