Dr. Kalena Hwang is an internist practicing in Irvine, CA. Dr. Hwang specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Hwang provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
St. Louis University School of Medicine MD 2003
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 2006
- Sharon E. Frey Book AwardAmerican College of Physicians
- University of California, Irvine Affiliated Hospitals Internal Medicine 2007
Dr. Kalena K Hwang M.D.'s Practice location
Irvine, CA 92618Get Direction
IRVINE, CA 92604Get Direction
Dr. Kalena K Hwang M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hwang
- What is Stress?
All of us have faced it at some time or the other, but what is it? Why and how does our body respond to it? Why is it not good for us? How can we control it?Stress is the word that refers to the overload of things that we find it difficult to manage in our life. This is a real challenge for our mind...
- 319 Pill
319 PillThis pill is round in shape and white in color, and has an imprint of number “319”. It has been identified as tramadol hydrochloride 50 mg. It is used to treat restless legs syndrome (RLS), back pain, chronic pain, and fibromyalgia. It is supplied by Zydus Pharmaceuticals and belongs to...
- What Could Pain on Top of the Foot Mean?
The foot comprises flexible structures of soft tissues, muscles, joints, and bones that enable us to stand, walk, and perform other daily movements. However, certain injuries and a number of health conditions can impair the balance and movement of the foot, causing pain and other problems.The pain...
- What Is Colchicine?
Generic Name: ColchicineBrand Name: ColcrysWhat is colchicine?Colchicine is an oral medication, which is available as a generic and brand-name drug. Colchicine is a prescription drug. The generic form of this drug is usually less expensive than the branded ones. In certain cases, the generic ones...
- What Is DHEA: Health Benefits of DHEA
What is DHEA?DHEA or dehydroepiandrosterone is considered as a prohormone, which is often associated with longevity, body strength, and lean muscle mass in an individual. DHEA is naturally created in the body and has a vital role in various metabolic functions. It is also known as one of the most...
- Stressed? Don't Reach for Junk Food - Eat a Purple Potato
A recent study in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry showed that two servings of purple potatoes in a diet, can help to reduce blood pressure and control weight gain. The participants of the study were divided into two groups. In one group, the participants were assigned a diet that...
- Dr. William Gustin MD999 Corporate Drive Ladera Ranch California 92694
- Dr. Saja Gleeson MD30110 Crown Valley Parkway Laguna Niguel California 92677
- Dr. Pelma Tabrizi M.D.1303 N. Euclid Street Anaheim California 92801
- Dr. Bavani Nadeswaran MD101 The City Drive Orange California 92868
- Dr. Joseph Cecil Perera MD1250 South Magnolia Avenue Anaheim California 92804
- Paul J. Cimoch1503 South Coast Drive Costa Mesa California 92626