Walter D Berkowitz M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease2200 Fletcher Ave Fort Lee NJ, 07024
Dr. Walter Berkowitz is a cardiologist practicing in Fort Lee, NJ. Dr. Berkowitz specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Berkowitz also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll of Med, Brooklyn Ny 1962
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine 1962
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Effect of acute intravenous administration of isoproterenol on cardiorenal hemodynamics in man.
- Recurrent perforation of heart by transvenous pacemaker.
- Concealed conduction during atrial fibrillation.
- Patterns of atrioventricular conduction in the human heart.
- Relative roles of sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems in the carotid sinus reflex in dogs.
- Study of atrioventricular conduction in man using electrode catheter recordings of His bundle activity.
- A study of heart block in man using His bundle recordings.
- Catheter technique for recording His bundle activity in man.
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Montefiore M C-H&l Moses Div, Cardiovascular Diseases; Mt Sinai Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Maimonides Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Montefiore) Program
Walter D Berkowitz M.D.'s Practice location
Fort Lee, NJ 07024Get Direction
Walter D Berkowitz M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Berkowitz
- What is Blood Pressure, and How Is Blood Pressure Lowered?
Modern day lifestyle does come with the risk of certain disease that is a result of everyday stress, poor eating habits, lack of exercise, and so on. While we are all aware of these diseases, we fail to take timely steps to prevent them from happening to us, and, by the time these strike, it is...
- Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?
Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?Heart Failure means that due to some reasons, the heart is unable to pump blood to the body in the normal range. In most of the cases, heart failure is caused by reasons like high blood pressure, impaired heart muscles, heart attack,...
- What Can Too Much Sodium Do to My Body?
A recent CDC report shows that many of restaurants and grocery stores have food that contain extremely high levels of sodium in its product. Breads and rolls were noted to be the most important culprits among these. Some of the foods that contribute to almost 44% of the sodium content that we...
- Lisinopril: What Are the Side Effects and Dosages of Lisinopril?
The standard dose of this medication for adults with high blood pressure is 10 mg taken by mouth once a day.The doctor may increase the dose up to a maximum of 80 mg per day depending on the requirement. For heart failures, the starting dose for adults is 5 mg per day and the dosage can be increased...
- How Can a Cardioverter-Defibrillator Treat Congestive Heart Failure?
Congestive heart failure is a common condition affecting the muscles of the heart and peripheries of the body. It leads to inefficient pumping action from the heart, which in turn results in a lesser amount of blood reaching the various parts of the body. Being highly prevalent in people aged over...
- What Is Right-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?
What Is Right-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?Heart failure is called by other names, such as congestive heart failure (CHF), cardiac failure, left-sided heart failure, and right-sided heart failure.The heart is an organ that pumps blood to various parts of the body and is a little larger than...
- Nate E. Lebowitz M.D.2200 FLETCHER AVE FORT LEE NJ 07024
- Steven Jay Welish M.D.292 Columbia Ave Fort Lee NJ 07024
- Steve S Kim MD2200 Fletcher Ave Fort Lee NJ 07024
- Joseph Ned Lauricella M.D.292 Columbia Ave Fort Lee NJ 07024
- Tatiana Krasikov M.D.2200 Fletcher Avenue Fort Lee NJ 07024
- Jacqueline Hollywood M.D.2200 Fletcher Ave Fort Lee NJ 07024