Dr. Shawn Mackenzie is a surgical oncologist practicing in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Mackenzie specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Dr. Shawn Mackenzie MD's Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55407Get Direction
BURNABY, BRITISH COLUMBIA V3L0EGet Direction
Dr. Shawn Mackenzie MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Tests Determine Pancreatic Cancer?
Pancreatic cancer is a cancer that begins in the pancreas, which is the organ that lies behind the lower part of the stomach. This type of cancer is really difficult to diagnose and it is often detected late. In most cases, by the time this cancer is detected, it has already spread rapidly and thus...
- Breast Cancer Survivor Organizes Non-Profit With a Meaningful Purpose
One month before her 31st birthday, Janet Palmer, a law enforcement officer, found a lump in her right breast. After nine months of consultations with two different doctors and one negative mammogram, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. At this time, Palmer decided to undergo a mastectomy,...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- What Is Nodular Melanoma?
Melanoma is a serious skin cancer which arises from pigment cells called as melanocytes. An invasive form of melanoma is called nodular melanoma. Nodular melanoma is a serious skin cancer that got its name from the word "nodule", a doctor’s term for a lump as nodular melanoma lesions are shaped...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- Dr. Todd Michael Tuttle MD606 24th Avenue South Minneapolis MN 55454
- Dr. Maria Rae Evasovich M.D.University Of Minnesota Physicians Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Anna Sanchez Seydel M.D.2925 Chicago Ave Minneapolis MN 55407
- Dr. Justin J Baker MD887 Congress St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Selwyn Maurice Vickers MDUniversity Of Minnesota Physicians Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Waddah Badir Al-refaie MD516 Delaware St Se Minneapolis MN 55455