Dr. William R Schooley M.D.
Neurosurgeon345 23rd Ave N Suite 420 Nashville TN, 37203
Dr. William Schooley practices Neurological Surgery in Nashville, TN. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Schooley prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
University of Alabama School of Medicine 1986
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, Neurological Surgery; Tulane Univ Hosp & Clis, General Surgery
- LSU HEALTH SCIENCES
Dr. William R Schooley M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. William R Schooley M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schooley
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Richard A Berkman M.D.345 23rd Ave N Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Paul R Mccombs MD2011 Murphy Ave Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Carl R Hampf M.D.2011 Murphy Ave Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. J. Duffy Mocco MD1600 Sw Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Robert J Singer M.D.3601 The Vanderbilt Clinic Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. Jason R Hubbard MD2011 Murphy Ave Nashville TN 37203