Dr. Terry Wahls is an internist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Wahls specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Wahls provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1982
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- The master clinician project.
- A daughter's duty.
- Prevalence of delayed clinician response to elevated prostate-specific antigen values.
- Telling the world.
- Delayed clinician responses to elevated prostate-specific antigen values.
- Proposed interventions to decrease the frequency of missed test results.
- Patient- and system-related barriers for the earlier diagnosis of colorectal cancer.
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation and dietary interventions to reduce oxidative stress in a secondary progressive multiple sclerosis patient leads to marked gains in function: a case report.
- Characteristics and predictors of missed opportunities in lung cancer diagnosis:
- Rehabilitation with neuromuscular electrical stimulation leads to functional gains in ambulation in patients with secondary progressive and primary progressive multiple sclerosis: a case series report.
- The seventy percent solution.
- A multimodal intervention for patients with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis: feasibility and effect on fatigue.
- A Multimodal, Nonpharmacologic Intervention Improves Mood and Cognitive Function in People with Multiple Sclerosis.
- Practice satisfaction and dissatisfaction in general internal medicine departments of large multispecialty clinics.
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Internal Medicine; Barnes-Jewish Hosp-S Campus, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics
Dr. Terry Lynn Wahls MD's Practice location
Dr. Terry Lynn Wahls MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Wahls
- A New Paternity Test Has Been Discovered
Researchers have identified a new way to identify the father from the fetal DNA by the eighth week of pregnancy. This new method is reported in the, New England Journal of Medicine. Peter Benn, PhD, director of the diagnostic medical genetics laboratories at the University of Connecticut Health...
- Leukopenia: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
What is leukopenia?White blood cells (WBCs) are an important part of the immune system, which is why they are called as "fighter cells". There are five different types of white blood cells (WBCs) in our body. They are neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, monocytes, and lymphocytes. Each type of WBC...
- What are the Health Benefits of the Consumption of Pumpkins?
Pumpkins come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Orange or yellow, dark or pale green, these fruits offer loads of health benefits.Health Benefits of Pumpkins...
- Tips on Living with IBS
Manage Your ConditionIt is not called the "irritable" bowel syndrome for nothing. IBS causes chronic pain and discomfort in the abdomen, as well as bloating and changes in bowel habits. These symptoms can cause physical and psychological discomforts. All things considered, there is no cure for IBS....
- What Is Ringworm?
Ringworm, or tinea, refers to a fungal infection of the skin. The term ‘worm’ is derived from the old belief that the disease was caused by a worm. The term ‘ring’ refers to the characteristic ring-shaped patches produced by the fungus on the skin. Infection is often found in the outer layer...
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- Dr. Thomas M. O'Dorisio MD200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City Iowa 52242
- Robert W. Summers200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City Iowa 52242
- Dr. Tyler Haberle M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Christopher J Goerdt MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Maurice C Champion M.D.2460 Towncrest Dr Iowa City IA 52240
- Dr. William L Iverson MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242