Dr. Terry Wahls is an internist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Wahls specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Wahls provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1982
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- The master clinician project.
- A daughter's duty.
- Prevalence of delayed clinician response to elevated prostate-specific antigen values.
- Telling the world.
- Delayed clinician responses to elevated prostate-specific antigen values.
- Proposed interventions to decrease the frequency of missed test results.
- Patient- and system-related barriers for the earlier diagnosis of colorectal cancer.
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation and dietary interventions to reduce oxidative stress in a secondary progressive multiple sclerosis patient leads to marked gains in function: a case report.
- Characteristics and predictors of missed opportunities in lung cancer diagnosis:
- Rehabilitation with neuromuscular electrical stimulation leads to functional gains in ambulation in patients with secondary progressive and primary progressive multiple sclerosis: a case series report.
- The seventy percent solution.
- A multimodal intervention for patients with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis: feasibility and effect on fatigue.
- A Multimodal, Nonpharmacologic Intervention Improves Mood and Cognitive Function in People with Multiple Sclerosis.
- Practice satisfaction and dissatisfaction in general internal medicine departments of large multispecialty clinics.
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Internal Medicine; Barnes-Jewish Hosp-S Campus, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics
Dr. Terry Lynn Wahls MD's Practice location
Dr. Terry Lynn Wahls MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Wahls
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- Is Bacterial Meningitis Serious? Know the Symptoms of Meningitis
What is Meningitis?Meningitis is the swelling or inflammation of the meninges, which are the three specific membranes covering the brain and the spinal cord. The primary function of the meninges is to protect the central nervous system. Meningitis is an uncommon infection that affects the delicate...
- What Causes Blood in Semen?
What does blood in semen mean?Blood found in urine or stool can be a cause for concern. Similarly, when a man comes across blood in semen, then it can make him anxious. The medical term for blood found in semen is hematospermia or hemospermia. Fortunately, blood in semen does not always indicate a...
- The Possible Causes of Rib Pain
What is a rib cage?A human rib cage consists of 12 pairs of ribs, which are symmetrically paired on both sides of the body. The rib cage shields the organs located in the chest region, which include the lungs and heart from any kind of damage or injury. The ribs are attached to the sternum...
- Enuresis in Adults
What is enuresis in adults?Enuresis is the medical term for bedwetting, which is an issue most often seen in young children. However, certain adults also face this problem. In adults, it often becomes harder to talk about something, which is considered as a childhood problem. However, it is...
- Women Who Smoke Increase Their Risk for Hot Flashes
According to a recent study, women who smoke frequently are prone to more hot flashes during menopause, compared to women who do not smoke at all. Earlier studies suggest that there is a link between smoking and early menopause, in addition to menopause encourages worse symptoms. A recent study that...
- Dr. Thomas M. O'Dorisio MD200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City Iowa 52242
- Robert W. Summers200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City Iowa 52242
- Dr. Tyler Haberle M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Christopher J Goerdt MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Maurice C Champion M.D.2460 Towncrest Dr Iowa City IA 52240
- Dr. William L Iverson MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242