Andrew Wiesen is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in Tacoma, WA. Wiesen specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, Wiesen participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
Univ of Wi Med Sch, Madison Wi 1991
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Relationship between prepregnancy anthrax vaccination and pregnancy and birth outcomes among US Army women.
- Laboratory-measured pregnancy rates and their determinants in a large, well-described adult cohort.
- The anthrax vaccine adsorbed vaccine generates protective antigen (PA)-Specific CD4+ T cells with a phenotype distinct from that of naive PA T cells.
- Executive summary: Guidelines for the prevention of infections associated with combat-related injuries: 2011 update: endorsed by the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the Surgical Infection Society.
- Guidelines for the prevention of infections associated with combat-related injuries: 2011 update: endorsed by the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the Surgical Infection Society.
- Madigan Army Med Ctr, General Preventive Medicine; Walter Reed Army Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Andrew Richard Wiesen M.D.'s Practice location
Tacoma, WA 98431Get Direction
Dr. Andrew Richard Wiesen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Why Is the Cause of Multiple Sclerosis Unknown?
It is a challenging experience for a doctor to break the news of the disease to a patient suffering from multiple sclerosis (MS) as the cause of the disease is unknown.Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks its tissues. It is a progressive neurological disorder....
- Can Arthritis Cause Back Pain?
Yes. Arthritis is one of the major causes of back pain and can cause long-term effects in an individual. Back pain is a common problem which affects 4 out of 5 of us at some point. Back pain is a type of pain experienced mostly through the spine. Back pain can last for a short time, but there are...
- Reasons Why You Need Occupational Therapy
Our days go by with daily occupations. These occupations represent who we really are in life. Different occupations performed daily may include different roles like being a husband, wife, parent, child, football player, tennis player, an actor, musician, doctor, firefighter, etc. Our occupations...
- Occupational Therapy vs. Physical Therapy
Therapy is synonymous with treatment, which means that it is a course of action taken to correct a particular health problem. As with other fields, there are different approaches to therapy such as occupational and physical therapy. They are both recognized professions and the practitioners must be...
- Alternative Treatments for Autism
Many parents of children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, prefer to consider alternative treatments to help improve overall health and behavioral problems.The effectiveness and safety of all alternative treatments has not been fully researched. Every treatment therefore will not work...
- Occupational Therapy and Mental Health
Mental disabilities require a radically different approach from physical disabilities. For a fact, they are serious and can harm the individual’s social and mental development, but more importantly, most of them cannot be cured.Which mental health problems are addressed by occupational...
- Dr. Raheela Sadiq MD1717 So J St St Joseph Medical Center Tacoma WA 98405
- Dr. Edward I. Dagher MD406 Yauger Way Sw Olympia WA 98502
- Dr. James H Nelson MD315 Martin Luther King Jr Way Tacoma WA 98405
- Dr. Alan M. Steinman MD4720 Cooper Point Rd Nw Olympia WA 98502
- Mariel L Plaeger-brockway Other525 Lilly Rd Ne Olympia WA 98506
- Dr. Rodd E. Marcum MD, MPH650 Joel Dr Fort Campbell KY 42223