Dr. Jatinder Ahluwalia is a gastroenterologist practicing in Springfield, IL. Dr. Ahluwalia specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Ahluwalia performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1994
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Selective effects of calcium chelators on anterograde and retrograde protein transport in the cell.
- Alcoholic foamy degeneration and a markedly elevated GGT: a case report and
- Asymptomatic esophageal perforation after foreign body ingestion.
- Differential expression of calbindin-D 28 kDa in rat incisor ameloblasts throughout enamel development.
- Helicobacter pylori and gastric cancer: a marital risk?
- Large serrated tongue and gastrointestinal bleeding. Symptomatic gastric amyloidosis (SGA).
- Immunotherapy in inflammatory bowel disease.
- Large tubular colonic mass with hematochezia and altered bowel habits. Lipoma.
- Biosynthesis and secretion of enamel proteins in the rat incisor.
- Cytochemical and biochemical characterization of glycoproteins in forming and maturing enamel of the rat incisor.
- Identification of antigen(s) specific to a 'late' endosome fraction.
- Concentration of intracellular hepatic apolipoprotein E in Golgi apparatus saccular distensions and endosomes.
- Organelle-specific phosphorylation. Identification of unique membrane phosphoproteins of the endoplasmic reticulum and endosomal apparatus.
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Gastroenterology; Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Internal Medicine
Dr. Jatinder P Ahluwalia M.D.'s Practice location
Springfield, IL 62702Get Direction
LAFAYETTE, LA 70508Get Direction
Dr. Jatinder P Ahluwalia M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Steroids for Crohn's Disease
What is Crohn’s disease?It is a chronic inflammatory medical condition that affects the digestive tract. The common symptoms of this medical condition would be pain in the abdomen, diarrhea, loss of weight, and in rare cases, the presence of blood in the stool. The disease leads to the...
- What Are the Risks of a Laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy is a surgical procedure that is done to examine various abdominal organs or female pelvic organs. The procedure is sometimes called as "diagnostic laparoscopy" or "keyhole surgery". This procedure can identify problems such as adhesion, fibroids, infections, and cysts.The procedure...
- New Research May Find a Breakthrough in Celiac Disease
The organization, Beyond Celiac, states that about one in 100 Americans have celiac disease and their quality of life is negatively affected. There is hope on the horizon; however, a partnership between an industrial pharmaceutical company and a university lab has potentially found a promising help...
- Best Home Remedies for Heartburn
Heartburn is usually triggered when stomach acid travels up toward the esophagus and cause a burning feeling in your throat or chest. It can be a very unpleasant feeling, but there are natural home remedies that can help relieve it aside from taking over-the-counter medications. However, it's time...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B is a disease that is caused by the hepatitis B virus, which can seriously damage the liver. Very few people who have the disease realize its symptoms. Hepatitis B virus usually develops in a carrier body within two to three months.In most adult cases, they get it for a short duration and...
- How Mild Food Poisoning Could Trigger Colitis
A recent study, published in the journal Science, suggests that an individual’s past history of minor bacterial infections, as in the case of mild food poisoning, could add up a chain of events with age and lead to chronic inflammation and potentially life-threatening colitis (inflammation of the...
- Dr. Aman Ali M.D.3309 Panther Creek Drive Springfield Illinois 62711
- Dr. Abdul Rehman MD751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Sailaja M. Cheruku M.D.1025 S 6th St Springfield IL 62703
- Dr. Howard B Chodash M.D.751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Aman Ali MD751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Stuart A Torgerson M.D.751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702