Dr. Edward Stern practices Allergy and Immunology care in Grand Rapids, MI. Dr. Stern specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of asthma and other allergic diseases. Allergist-Immunologists are trained and certified to treat each patients sensitivity and response to allergens of varying severity. Dr. Stern provides several means of testing and treatment to increase immunity to potentially harmful substances.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1977
Wayne State University School of Medicine 1977
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Henry Ford Hosp, Allergy And Immunology; Sinai-Grace Hosp/Sinai Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Edward Thomas Stern M.D.'s Practice location
Grand Rapids, MI 49508Get Direction
Dr. Edward Thomas Stern M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After Immunotherapy
Immunotherapy involves using the body’s natural defenses in fighting against diseases. It usually involves the use of drugs that are made in a laboratory. The introduction of these foreign substances in the body to trigger a certain reaction will produce certain symptoms, which are termed as side...
- How Your Immune System Works
What is the immune system and how does it work?The immune system is regarded as the natural defense system in your body. The immune system, together with a network of cells and tissues, as well as body organs, protects your body against harmful foreign invaders or substances. Examples of foreign...
- What is Anaphylaxis?
Anaphylaxis refers to a severe allergic response, which can become life threatening if not treated immediately. It is often characterized by swelling, sudden lowering of blood pressure, difficulty breathing, and dilation of blood vessels. In some severe cases, the person may go into a state of...
- Can Sinusitis Be Caused by Allergies?
The inflammation of the sinuses found in your forehead, cheekbones, and behind your nose is what is known as sinusitis. Sinusitis can be a short-term inflammation resulting from a bacterial infection after an infection like the common cold. However, sinusitis can also be chronic, resulting from...
- How to Prepare For Immunotherapy
What is Immunotherapy?The immune system is made up of a network of organs, cells, and chemicals that work together to protect the body against diseases. In light of that, immunotherapy is a type of cancer treatment that works by enhancing your body’s immune system to fight infections and diseases....
- What Should I Know About Asthma Inhalers?
Inhalers are very popular, lifesaving medications for many who are suffering from asthma and other lung conditions. Knowing about the different types of inhalers and how to use them effectively is very important in controlling the conditions. An asthma inhaler is ideal to deliver the medication for...
- Dr. Thomas Paul Miller M.D.3625 Clyde Park Ave Sw Wyoming MI 49509
- Dr. Mark Marshall Millar M.D.1179 E Paris Ave Se Grand Rapids MI 49546
- Dr. Nancy J Brooke MD1525 E Beltline Ave Ne Grand Rapids MI 49525
- Dr. Christine M Schafer MD970 Parchment Drive Se Grand Rapids MI 49546
- Dr. Raymond Gonzalez MD4069 Lake Dr Se Grand Rapids MI 49546
- Dr. Karyn E Gell MD970 Parchment Drive Se Grand Rapids MI 49546