Shawn K. Centers, DO, FACOP, BCIM, BCIP, is a leading pediatrician currently serving patients as the medical director of the Children's HOPE Center (Holistic, Osteopathic, Pediatric, Essential). After earning his Doctor of osteopathy degree at Nova Southeastern University, Dr. Centers completed a Pediatric Internship at St. Barnabas Hospital/ NYU Cornell Medical Center/New York University, his pediatric residency at the Children's Hospital of New Jersey, and his Undergraduate Clinical & Teaching Fellowship in Osteopathic Medicine at Nova Southeastern University. He is board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in his field, he maintains a professional membership with the American Osteopathic Association and the American Academy of Pediatric Osteopathy.
- Weill Cornell Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- American Osteopathic Association, President, American Academy of Pediatric Osteopathy
Articles and Publications
- Lead Author in the Pediatrics chapter of Foundations of Osteopathic Medicine
Dr. Shawn K. Centers DO's Practice location
San Diego, California 92123 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Shawn K. Centers DO | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Shawn K. Centers DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Centers
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Green Poop in Babies: When Should You Worry About It?
Baby poop is always a matter of concern for new mothers. The cause of worry can be on various factors such as the frequency of the baby's poop, its color and consistency, and concerns about your child's solid food intake.Normal Color and Consistency of Baby PoopA baby’s first poop is always black...
- A Guide to Recognizing the Early Signs of Shingles
Shingles, also known as herpes zoster, is a disease that occurs due to the reappearance of the varicella-zoster virus, which is the causative agent of chickenpox. Shingles usually starts with a skin rash. These skin rashes occur either in the form of a band or a strip covering a small area on your...
- 10 Things Autism Parents Want You to Know
As parents or guardians, we all want one thing – and that is to give our children what’s best for them. There’s nothing far greater than that of a mother’s unconditional love for her son or daughter, and there’s no stronger shield than a father’s arms when he’s protecting his little...
- Encephalitis in Children
Encephalitis in ChildrenEncephalitis means inflammation of the brain. The condition is usually caused by viruses. Encephalitis is a rare disease that affects approximately 0.5 per 100,000 individuals. Children, the elderly, and those with an impaired immune system are commonly affected by the...
- Autism: How to Talk About Puberty with Your Child
Puberty typically occurs between the ages of 7-14 years for girls and 12-17 years for boys and is never a smooth sail for any child. While it may not be easy to begin discussing body changes, it is vital to find a way of doing it as early as possible. It's difficult to know for sure if sex...
- Kyung Rhee 3020 Childrens Way San Diego California 92123
- Dr. Koorosh Kooros M.D. 601 Elmwood Avenue Rochester New York 14642
- Dr. Chrystal de Freitas MD 12395 El Camino Road San Diego California 92130
- Dr. Bina Adigopula M.D. 6942 University Avenue La Mesa California 91942
- Dr. Ursula G. Pertl M.D. 3220 Mission Avenue Oceanside California 92058
- Dr. Dania J. Lindenberg MD 971 Lane Avenue Chula Vista California 91914