Dr. Lisa Boike is a speech language pathologist practicing in CLINTON TWP, MI. Dr. Boike specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Boike evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Boike helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Lisa Joy Boike B.S., M.A., CCC-SLP's Practice location
CLINTON TWP, MI 48038Get Direction
Lisa Joy Boike B.S., M.A., CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Louise Antoinette Mcdonald MA, CCC,SLP32500 CONCORD DR STE 343 MADISON HEIGHTS MI 48071
- John D Tonkovich PH.D., CCC-SLP/A46191 WINSTON DR SHELBY TWP MI 48315
- Dr. Cristina A Jackson-menaldi PHD21000 E 12 MILE RD SAINT CLAIR SHORES MI 48081
- Mr. Jacob Alan Zinke CCC-SLP29776 FARMBROOK VILLA LN SOUTHFIELD MI 48034
- Ms. Regina Darlene Kinnard MED.594 ALTON AVE PONTIAC MI 48341
- Mrs. Carolynn Gene Vandenbosch M.A., CCC-SLP2399 E WALTON BLVD AUBURN HILLS MI 48326