Dr. Megan L. Curran M.D.
Rheumatologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Rheumatology2300 N Childrens Plz Chicago IL, 60614
Dr. Megan Curran practices Pediatric Rheumatology in Chicago, IL. Pediatric rheumatologists treat child patients who suffer from pain in the musculoskeletal system, have symptoms of arthritis, or an autoimmune disorder. Dr. Curran evaluates and treats a variety of joint, muscle, and bone disorders; including autoimmune disorders, such as lupus, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, Kawasaki disease, post-infectious arthritis, chronic vasculitis, and inflammatory disorders of the muscle, eye, or other organs. Dr. Curran also is trained in the evaluation of prolonged fever, unexplained complaints of chronic musculoskeletal pain, weakness, poor appetite, fatigue, and/or loss of function or skills.
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- 2011
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- The challenges of transferring chronic illness patients to adult care: reflections from pediatric and adult rheumatology at a US academic center.
- A 16-month-old with left knee swelling.
- A 14-year-old with joint pain and antinuclear antibodies.
- A 6-year-old girl with new boots.
- The Challenges of Adolescence, Mood Disorders, and Chronic Illness.
- Rheumatic Diseases, Medical Education
- Member American College of Rheumatology
- Member American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Rheumatology
- Member Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance
- University of California, San Francisco 2009
- pediatric rheumatology, University of California 2006
- University of California Medical Center, San Francisco/Parnassus, Pediatric Rheumatology 2009
Dr. Megan L. Curran M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60614Get Direction
AURORA, CO 80045Get Direction
Dr. Megan L. Curran M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Curran
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Lupus?
It is very hard to diagnose lupus. Since two individuals can have different signs of lupus, doctors have a hard time diagnosing it and treating it effectively. To diagnose lupus, it can take a long time, which can be distracting to both the doctor and the affected person. The symptoms of lupus can...
- 14 Warning Signs of Lupus
When the body attacks its own cells and organs including the skin, joints, kidneys, heart, lungs, blood, and brain, the condition is called lupus. It is an autoimmune disease brought about because the body can’t distinguish between healthy cells and foreign germs or viruses. It is a chronic...
- According To New Research The Juvenile Arthritis Diagnosis Is Improving
Arthritis has been at the center of countless medical research in recent years, mainly due to the pain and limitations it places on its sufferers. Arthritis is also often thought to be a condition regulated to the elderly and older adults, but this is not always the case. Many children and young...
- Adalia Rose
OverviewAdalia Rose is an American internet star. She was born with Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome, which is a premature aging disease. This genetic condition is also commonly known as progeria. During her early infancy stage, her body was much older than the normal age. In spite of her...
- The Reality Behind Juvenile-Onset Fibromyalgia
Over time, more and more health conditions have been discovered, which has ultimately led to a more informed healthcare system. These breakthroughs have been thanks to a neverending goal of creating more efficient treatment options, which is being done as technology improves and becomes more...
- Steroids for Muscular Dystrophy: Prednisone
Steroids are touted as powerful drugs that help in improving muscle strength as well as delaying some types of muscular dystrophy. Of these, prednisone is said to be the most powerful and widely used to treat Muscular Dystrophy. Prednisone is a known anti-inflammatory agent. The potent compound,...
- Dr. Laisa Margarita Santiago ramos MD2300 N Childrens Plz Chicago IL 60614
- Dr. Karen Brandt Onel M.D.5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Risa Alperin M.D.2300 N Childrens Plz Chicago IL 60614
- Dr. Melissa S Tesher M.D.5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Emilina Lim MD180 Harvester Dr Willowbrook IL 60527
- Dr. Marisa Sue Klein-gitelman MD MPH2300 Childrens Plaza Chicago IL 60614