Dr. Sunil M Shivaram M.D.
Ophthalmologist655 E Foothill Blvd Claremont CA, 91711
Dr. Sunil Shivaram is an ophthalmologist practicing in Claremont, CA. Dr. Shivaram specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Shivaram can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Shivaram can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1995
Harvard Medical School 1995
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Birth Defects
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Children's Hospital - Boston, Pediatric Ophth 1999
Dr. Sunil M Shivaram M.D.'s Practice location
Claremont, CA 91711Get Direction
- Tips For Living with Cataracts
Several vision issues that are related to aging can be solved by practical approaches like more illumination when reading or fixing poor lighting conditions in your home.When you grow to over 60 years of age, you may require more lighting for most indoor and outdoor activities. This is caused by the...
- What is Neonatal Conjunctivitis?
Neonatal conjunctivitis or ophthalmia neonatorum is a type of infection that newborns contract during delivery. The newborns contract this infection in cases when the mother is infected with Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae.Neonatal conjunctivitis is any type of conjunctivitis that...
- Treatments for Conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis or "pinkeye" is an infection of the conjunctiva, the thin, clear membrane coating the white of the eye and lining the inside of the eyelid. The symptoms may vary slightly depending on the cause, but are distinct: redness of the white part of the eye, tearing, a thick yellow discharge...
- What is Keratoconus?
Keratoconus is a non-inflammatory disorder of the eye where the cornea bulges outward like a cone. Thinning and bulging of cornea may result in blurring of vision and make the eye more sensitive to light. This disorder is seen in both the eyes and is common in people from 10-years-old to...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- Dr. Morgan Huang MD650 W. Duarte Rd Arcadia CA 91007
- Dr. Anil M. Shivaram M.D.655 E FOOTHILL BLVD CLAREMONT CA 91711
- Dr. Sean D. Adrean M.D.301 W Bastanchury Rd Fullerton California 92835
- Dr. Jeffrey V. Winston M.D.101 LAGUNA RD FULLERTON CA 92835
- Dr. Marc Howard Shomer M.D., PH.D.974 W Foothill Blvd Upland CA 91786
- Mr. Robert T Lin M.D.18725 GALE AVE CITY OF INDUSTRY CA 91748