Dr. Thomas A. Moore MD
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA, 70121
Dr. Thomas Moore is an infectious disease specialist practicing in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Moore specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1989
University of Wales in Great Britain 1989
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Hepatitis C
- Leg Ulcer
- Clinical Ctr At The Nih, Infectious Diseases; Baylor Coll Of Med, Internal Medicine
- Baylor College of Medicine Program
Dr. Thomas A. Moore MD's Practice location
New Orleans, LA 70121Get Direction
Wichita, KS 67214Get Direction
Dr. Thomas A. Moore MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Moore
- Do I Have the Mumps?
The mumps is a highly contagious airborne viral infection, which manifests in a specific shape of the face and neck. The causing agent is the virus of mumps (paramyxovirus). Timely vaccination (MMR) is the best way to prevent complications that arise in 95% of cases. The mumps virus can be...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Chickenpox?
What should I do if my child has the chickenpox?...
- Borrelia burgdorferi: The Bug Responsible for Lyme Disease
Borrelia burgdorferi is a gram-negative bacterium, which is the causative organism of Lyme disease. It is most commonly found in North America and Europe. Lyme disease is a zoonotic vector-borne disease. A zoonotic disease is a disease that can be transmitted from animals to humans and...
- Is There a Window Period to Test for HIV?
HIV is a virus that attacks and slowly destroys the immune system of the body. Once the virus gets into the body, it gets incorporated in the bloodstream and destroys white blood cells in the immune system. The immune system is a natural system that protects the body from infections. HIV is found in...
- What is involved in a COVID-19 plasma donation?
One of the most promising and in-demand solutions for COVID-19 positive patients is convalescent plasma therapy. Many studies have proven how effective it is in decreasing the presence of the signs and symptoms of the disease. Not only that, but it has also been published that this particular...
- 5 Misconceptions About Lyme Disease
People cannot resist themselves from having fun and playing outdoors in the warm spring weather. However, the increased time of being out also increases the risk of encountering with nature’s peskier pests. One such problem is the tick, which is associated with Lyme disease. Tick bites can cause...
- Pierre Dejace409 Beverly Garden Drive Metaire Louisiana 70001
- Laura S. Beauchamps2601 Tulane Avenue New Orleans Louisiana 70119
- Dr. Tlaloc S Alferez MD1057 PAUL MAILLARD RD LULING LA 70070
- Dr. Obinna Nnedu MD1514 JEFFERSON HWY NEW ORLEANS LA 70121
- Dr. Julia B Garcia-diaz MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Joseph R Dalovisio MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121