Dr. Alan Hackford is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Brighton, MA. Dr. Hackford specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Hackford often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med 1977
University of Connecticut School of Medicine 1977
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Intra-abdominal sepsis: a medical-surgical dilemma.
- Transfer status is a risk factor for increased in-hospital mortality in patients
- A practical mortality risk score for emergent colectomy.
- An isolated perfused model for the study of colonic metabolism and transport.
- Diverticular disease of the colon. Current concepts and management.
- Complications of "Chiba" needle transhepatic cholangiography.
- Local excision of rectal carcinoma. Early results with combined chemoradiation therapy using 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin.
- Biochemical markers for colorectal cancer. Diagnostic and therapeutic implications.
- 2010-2012 Top Doctors in Boston in Colon and Rectal Surgery
- 2010 Top Doctors in America
- 2011-2012 Top Doctors in America, US news and World Report
- 2012 St. Elizabeth's Med Ctr. dept. of Surgery Halsted Teaching Award
- Continence, Incontinence, Inflammatory Bowel Disease And More
- Vascular Disease
- Lahey Clinic
- Tufts Medical Center 1978
- Lahey Clinic Program
- Tufts-New England Medical Center
- New England Medical Center, Research Fellow 1982
- Lahey Clinic Foundation, Fellow:Colon/Rectal Surgery 1983
Dr. Alan Weldon Hackford MD's Practice location
Dr. Alan Weldon Hackford MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hackford
- Everything You Need to Know About a Colonoscopy
Don’t be worried if the doctor suggests you undergo a colonoscopy. Although you might think of it as an awful procedure, it is not. Chances are you won't remember it, since you probably won't be awake. A colonoscopy is a test used by the doctor to examine the inside of the large intestines for...
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- What is a Virtual Colonoscopy?
Also referred to as a VC, a virtual colonoscopy is an x-ray test that detects polyps, cancer or other disorders in the colon. Colonography is the medical term for this test.How It's DoneThere is a difference between an ordinary colonoscopy and a virtual colonoscopy. The ordinary colonoscopy uses a...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is An Anal Fissurectomy?
An anal fissurectomy is a surgery that may be used for curing anal fissures. The procedure involves an incision in the sphincter muscles which control one's anal opening. It is normally the recommended surgery for treating tears or cracks that develop inside the distal canal (passageway) where waste...
- What Is an Anal Fissure?
What is an anal fissure?The anal canal is a short tube surrounded by muscle at the end of the rectum. An anal fissure is a small crack, tear, or rip in the anal canal lining. Anal fissure is often very small, but can cause you severe pain. The pain gets worse after passing stool and normally last...
- Dr. Brian Frank Hinnebusch M.D.825 Washington St Norwood MA 02062
- Dr. Vitaliy Y. Poylin M.D.330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Dr. David I Becker MD75 Herrick St Beverly MA 01915
- Dr. Stephen M Sentovich M.D.830 Harrison Ave Boston MA 02118
- Dr. James H Balcom MD55 Highland Ave Salem MA 01970
- Dr. Jason Hall MD41 Mall Rd. Burlington MA 01805