Dr. Mark Sands practices Allergy and Immunology care in Buffalo, NY. Dr. Sands specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of asthma and other allergic diseases. Allergist-Immunologists are trained and certified to treat each patients sensitivity and response to allergens of varying severity. Dr. Sands provides several means of testing and treatment to increase immunity to potentially harmful substances.
Education and Training
Oh State Univ Coll of Med, Columbus Oh 1979
Ohio State University College of Medicine 1979
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease
- Lidocaine absorption and metabolism after oropharyngeal application in young and young-elderly adults.
- Localization of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-9 in lung tissue of a murine model of allergic asthma.
- Caring for the smoking asthmatic patient.
- Evaluation of intravenous ciprofloxacin in patients with nosocomial lower respiratory tract infections. Impact of plasma concentrations, organism, minimum inhibitory concentration, and clinical condition on bacterial eradication.
- Smoking and asthma: never the twain should meet.
- Counseling patients with asthma and allergy about electronic cigarettes: an evidence-based approach.
- Respiratory infections and pneumonia: potential benefits of switching from smoking to vaping.
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Allergic Reaction
- Hives (urticaria)
- Suny Buffalo Grad Med-Dent, Allergy And Immunology Univ Of Chicago Hosps, Pulmonary Diseases Rush-Presby-St Luke'S M C, Internal Medicine
Dr. Mark Fredric Sands M.D.'s Practice location
Buffalo, NY 14215Get Direction
Dr. Mark Fredric Sands M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Can Eczema Be Treated with Over-the-Counter Medications?
What is eczema?Eczema is a condition that affects the skin. Its typical symptoms include a rough inflamed skin with fluid-filled blisters that are itchy. Eczema most often affects the areas of the neck, inner elbows, behind the knees, the wrists, ankles, and the creases between the buttocks. The...
- Allergic Bronchitis
What is allergic bronchitis?Bronchitis is an inflammation of the inner lining of the bronchial tubes usually due to a viral infection of the upper respiratory tract. Bronchitis itself can be acute when the signs and symptoms last no longer than 10 days, and chronic when the signs and symptoms tend...
- Everything You Need to Know About the Chicken Pox Vaccine
The chicken pox vaccine is the medicine given to people who are susceptible to the disease and hence protects one against the vaccine. This vaccine that causes the chickenpox disease is the varicella vaccine. This chicken pox vaccine is usually excavated from a weak virus. This weak virus is...
- What Should I Know About Asthma Inhalers?
Inhalers are very popular, lifesaving medications for many who are suffering from asthma and other lung conditions. Knowing about the different types of inhalers and how to use them effectively is very important in controlling the conditions. An asthma inhaler is ideal to deliver the medication for...
- Are Food Allergies and Birth Months Linked?
Finnish researchers reported that food allergies in children are linked to the season they were born in. In a study conducted on 6,000 children born between 2001 and 2006, about 1,000 were tested for sensitization for food allergens until they reached4-years-old.Results of the study, published in...
- When Is Allergy Season?
Allergy season would mainly depend on the underlying factor of what individuals are allergic to and where they live. If an individual is suffering from a seasonal allergy or hay fever, then tree pollens could trigger the allergic reaction in the season of spring or late winter. If you are allergic...
- Dr. Jennifer S. Lee M.D.219 Bryant St Buffalo NY 14222
- Dr. Brian Safier M.D.239 Bryant St Buffalo NY 14222
- Dr. Julian Ambrus MD400 INTERNATIONAL DR WILLIAMSVILLE NY 14221
- Dr. Stanley Schwartz MD100 High St Buffalo NY 14203
- Dr. Nalini Packianathan MD333 International Dr Buffalo NY 14221
- Dr. Helen M Evrard M.D.3950 E ROBINSON RD AMHERST NY 14228