Dr. Todd B. Abel joined our team in 2005 after serving three years as a neurosurgeon in the US Air Force. He is a board certified neurosurgeon and associated with The University of Tennessee Medical C ...
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Indiana University Affiliated Hospitals
- Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Todd Abel MD's Practice location
Knoxville, TN 37920Get Direction
Dr. Todd Abel MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Abel
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- Are There Risks to a Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Like any other surgical procedure, spinal stenosis surgery has its own risks and possible complications. However, if performed correctly by professional medical staff, the possibility of any complication after the surgery is low.The potential risks and possible complications following a spinal...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- Dr. Edward W. Akeyson M.D.266 JOULE ST ALCOA TN 37701
- Dr. Michael D Fromke MD930 E Emerald Ave Knoxville TN 37917
- Dr. Michael Thomas Walsh MD1932 Alcoa Hwy Knoxville TN 37920
- Mr. William Stuart Reid MD1819 W CLINCH AVE KNOXVILLE TN 37916
- Mr. Joel Edward Norman MD1819 W CLINCH AVE KNOXVILLE TN 37916
- Dr. William E Snyder MD1932 Alcoa Hwy Knoxville TN 37920