Dr. Richard H Gelberman MD
Hand Surgeon | Hand Surgery4921 Parkview Pl Suite A And B 6th Fl Saint Louis MO, 63110
Dr. Richard Gelberman is a hand surgeon practicing in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Gelberman specializes in caring for hand, wrist and forearm problems without the option of surgery unless necessary. Many hand surgeons are also experts in diagnosing and caring for shoulder and elbow problems and tend to suggest non-surgical treatments such as hand therapy or physical therapy.
Education and Training
Univ of Tn, Memphis, Coll of Med, Memphis Tn 1969
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- Surgery of the Hand
- Complications of the operative treatment of Dupuytren's disease.
- Wrist and digital joint motion produce unique flexor tendon force and excursion
- The extraneural and intraneural arterial anatomy of the ulnar nerve at the elbow.
- Operative correction of swan-neck and boutonniere deformities in the rheumatoid hand.
- Microsurgery and the development of the operating microscope.
- Regulation of alpha(v)beta3 and alpha5beta1 integrin receptors by basic fibroblast growth factor and platelet-derived growth factor-BB in intrasynovial flexor tendon cells.
- Effects of increased in vivo excursion on digital range of motion and tendon strength following flexor tendon repair.
- The resistance of a four- and eight-strand suture technique to gap formation during tensile testing: an experimental study of repaired canine flexor tendons after 10 days of in vivo healing.
- Flexor tendon grafting to the hand: an assessment of the intrasynovial donor tendon-A preliminary single-cohort study.
- Arterial patterns of the deep and superficial palmar arches.
- Vascularity of the carpus.
- Carpal instability.
- Intrasynovial flexor tendon repair. An experimental study comparing low and high levels of in vivo force during rehabilitation in canines.
- The Academy on the edge: taking charge of our future.
- The influence of cross-sectional area on the tensile properties of flexor tendons.
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Orthopedic Surgery; Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Orthopedic Surgery; L A Co-Usc Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Richard H Gelberman MD's Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63110Get Direction
Saint Louis, MO 63110Get Direction
Dr. Richard H Gelberman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gelberman
- What Is a Pulled Groin?
Introduction A pulled groin, also known as groin strain, is a result of putting too much pressure or stress on the groin and thigh muscles. If the groin or thigh muscles are stressed in a forceful manner or when they are pulled all of a sudden, they can get stretched or torn.A pulled groin is quite...
- Prenatal Testing and Diagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is an inherited disease that is caused by a defect in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene. The CFTR protein is responsible for controlling the transportation of salt in and out of cells. Any mutations in the CFTR gene can cause an imbalance in the...
- An Innovative Method for the Early Prediction of Parkinson's Disease
As technology advances, so does the methods at the researcher’s disposal to create innovative tools that can be used in many contexts to, in one way or another, improve the user’s effectiveness at performing certain tasks. Case in point, a team of researchers from the Washington University...
- What Are the Symptoms of Acid Reflux?
Acid reflux is so common that most people take this for granted. Little do they know about the complications of acid reflux that would arise if it is untreated. If acid reflux is left untreated, it can lead to a condition known as Barrett’s esophagus, which is a precancerous state. Because of this...
- What is HIV: Get the Facts
Over the course of our four million or so years of evolution, we humans have developed a highly-specialized immune system that is quite a warrior in combating infections. We are bombarded daily by bacterial and viral pathogens which have the potential to cause us serious illness, but, completely...
- Reasons Why You Need Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a tingling, numbness, or weakness in the hands due to pressure on the Median nerve that is located in the wrist. Whenever you are faced with this challenge, you will be in discomfort after it progresses into the later stages. This is a condition that arises from stress...
- Dr. Margaret Kuhn Jain MD1 Barnes Jewish Hospital Plz Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. David W Strege M.D.845 N New Ballas Ct Saint Louis MO 63141
- Mr. Bruce Schlafly MD10004 Kennerly Rd Saint Louis MO 63128
- Dr. Rowena Mcbeath M.D., PH.D.1 Barnes Jewish Hospital Plz Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Thomas V Olivier MD11709 Old Ballas Rd Saint Louis MO 63141
- Dr. Duretti Teferi Fufa M.D.1 Barnes Jewish Hospital Plz Saint Louis MO 63110