Dr. Hongyan Li OMD
Acupuncturist5435 Balboa Blvd, 207 Suite 203 Encino CA, 91316
Dr. Li has been dedicated to her medical career for over 29 years including treating patients, teaching students and conducting medical research. She has helped to deliver high quality treatment to vast ...
Education and Training
Tongi Medical University Medicine 1984
- Ear Acupuncture
- Herbal Therapy
- Member American Association for Resaerch in Vision & Ophthalmology 1998 - 1999
- Member American Society of Cytopathology 2004 - 2005
- Member Chinese Association of Ophthalmology & Vision Science 1994 - 1997
- Xiangfan 2nd Ren Ming Hospital Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture 1987
Experience & Accolades
- Visiting Scholar1999 - 2004Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterResearch scholar at UCLA School of Medicine and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Joint Program
- Chief Physician1987 - 1991Xiang Fan Medical Center HospitalChief Hospital Physician at Xiang Fan Medical Center Hospital
- Chief Editor2012Journal of Chinese People's HealthMain Editor for Medical Journal "Journal of Chinese People's Health"
- Associate Professor1994 - 1999Beijing UniversityAssociate Professor at Beijing University
Dr. Hongyan Li OMD's Practice location
SAN JOSE, CA 95129Get Direction
Dr. Hongyan Li OMD's reviewsWrite Review
- The Risks of Acupuncture
The risks associated with acupuncture are minimal if you have a competent, qualified acupuncture practitioner.Possible complications and side effects include:Worsening of Pre-existing SymptomsWhilst most people experience a significant improvement in their condition following acupuncture, some...
- Alternative Treatments for Liver Cancer
Alternative treatments for liver cancer refer to alternative medical procedures rather than the conventional and allopathic medications used to treat liver cancer. They include herbs, traditional Chinese medicine and homeopathy among others. The alternative treatments require a certification and...
- What to Expect While Undergoing an Acupuncture
Before having your first acupuncture treatment, there are numerous things you should keep in mind. Most acupuncture points are situated on the legs and lower arms, so it’s important to wear clothes that will allow easy access to such areas. Moreover, avoid going for treatment while hungry or right...
- Latest Acupuncture Techniques Show Improvement in Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a long-term condition that causes pain all over the body. Scientists have no exact cause of fibromyalgia, but it is often thought to be related to the following conditions:...
- What Is Nighttime Back Pain?
What Is Nighttime Back Pain?Nighttime back pain is a more painful and irritating type of back pain, unlike other types back pain that disappears after some posture adjustment. The nighttime back pain is more persistent, even present during the night. It is also known as nocturnal back pain....
- How to Prepare for Acupuncture
There are no special or specific preparations before undergoing an acupuncture treatment. However, if you are thinking about having an acupuncture, there are some things you might want to consider first before going through it. You can start by:...
- Dr. Alexandre Yves Hillairet DAOM22048 Sherman Way Canoga Park CA 91303
- Pai Hsiang Peng Other12069 Ventura Pl Studio City CA 91604
- Sharee Conrad4835 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks Ca 91403
- Aleksandra Dianova LAC11650 RIVERSIDE DR STE 5 STUDIO CITY CA 91602
- Ms. Yvonne R Farrell LAC, DAOM2990 S Sepulveda Blvd Los Angeles CA 90064
- Snohomish Brown LAC, CMT6360 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles CA 90048