Dr. Hongyan Li OMD
Acupuncturist5435 Balboa Blvd, 207 Suite 203 Encino CA, 91316
Dr. Li has been dedicated to her medical career for over 29 years including treating patients, teaching students and conducting medical research. She has helped to deliver high quality treatment to vast ...
Education and Training
Tongi Medical University Medicine 1984
- Ear Acupuncture
- Herbal Therapy
- Member American Association for Resaerch in Vision & Ophthalmology 1998 - 1999
- Member American Society of Cytopathology 2004 - 2005
- Member Chinese Association of Ophthalmology & Vision Science 1994 - 1997
- Xiangfan 2nd Ren Ming Hospital Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture 1987
Experience & Accolades
- Visiting Scholar1999 - 2004Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterResearch scholar at UCLA School of Medicine and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Joint Program
- Chief Physician1987 - 1991Xiang Fan Medical Center HospitalChief Hospital Physician at Xiang Fan Medical Center Hospital
- Chief Editor2012Journal of Chinese People's HealthMain Editor for Medical Journal "Journal of Chinese People's Health"
- Associate Professor1994 - 1999Beijing UniversityAssociate Professor at Beijing University
Dr. Hongyan Li OMD's Practice location
Encino, CA 91316Get Direction
SAN JOSE, CA 95129Get Direction
Dr. Hongyan Li OMD's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Use Acupuncture to Treat IBS
Irritable bowel syndrome is also referred to as mucous colitis or spastic colon. It’s labeled a syndrome since it involves multiple symptoms that vary from each person who is affected. It’s a mobility disorder of the large and small intestines. IBS-related symptoms include constipation,...
- What to Expect While Undergoing an Acupuncture
Before having your first acupuncture treatment, there are numerous things you should keep in mind. Most acupuncture points are situated on the legs and lower arms, so it’s important to wear clothes that will allow easy access to such areas. Moreover, avoid going for treatment while hungry or right...
- How Is Acupuncture Used to Treat Crohn's Disease?
Crohn's disease is an inflammatory condition, which causes persistent inflammation of the patient’s intestinal tract, right from the mouth to rectum. This condition can develop anywhere in the intestines, usually in sites surrounded by healthy tissues, and can gradually spread deeper into the...
- 7 Complementary Therapies for Lupus
Are you on lupus treatment? Do you want to know if there are better options to improve your health? More than 50 percent of lupus patients worldwide try complementary therapies. Complementary therapies are therapies that are followed in addition to routine medicines prescribed by doctors. The seven...
- Reasons Why You Need Acupuncture
If you haven’t tried acupuncture and you’re wondering whether it’s effective, here are several supportive reasons why you should give it a try: ...
- Is Acupuncture a Holistic Treatment?
The holistic theory of acupuncture derives its basis from the patterns of energy that flows across the body. During a healthy state, energy travels freely through a network of channels in the body. These channels are often referred to as meridians. Such disruptions are responsible for the occurrence...
- Dr. Alexandre Yves Hillairet DAOM22048 Sherman Way Canoga Park CA 91303
- Pai Hsiang Peng Other12069 Ventura Pl Studio City CA 91604
- Aleksandra Dianova LAC11650 RIVERSIDE DR STE 5 STUDIO CITY CA 91602
- Natalia Manko22020 Clarendon St Woodland Hills CA 91367
- Valerie Ducos L.AC14025 Ventura Blvd Sherman Oaks CA 91423
- Ming Dai L.AC.1005 N CORDOVA ST BURBANK CA 91505