John M Vanderen MD
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology613 23rd St Suite 230 Ashland KY, 41101
Dr. John Vanderen is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Ashland, KY. Dr. Vanderen performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University 1983
Walter Sisulu University Faculty of Health Sciences 1986
- Heart Disease
- Atrial Flutter
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- LECOMT/United Memorial Medical Center Program
John M Vanderen MD's Practice location
Ashland, KY 41101Get Direction
John M Vanderen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Vanderen
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Michael I Prior MD1249 15th St Huntington WV 25701
- Dr. George K Joseph M.D.5170 Us Rt 60 East Huntington WV 25705
- Yousef Darrat MD1249 15th St Huntington WV 25701
- Jignesh S Shah M.D.613 23rd St Ashland KY 41101
- Anil Purohit MD5170 Us Rt 60 East Huntington WV 25705
- Ronald Jay Haberman MD5170 Us Route 60 Huntington WV 25705