Dr. Maitreyee Gupta is a nephrologist practicing in Willow Grove, PA. Dr. Gupta specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Gupta most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
- Monmouth Medical Center Program
Dr. Maitreyee M Gupta M.D.'s Practice location
Willow Grove, PA 19090Get Direction
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19107Get Direction
Dr. Maitreyee M Gupta M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- Why do Kidney Stones Form in Different Sizes?
What are Kidney Stones?Kidney stones are concentrated minerals and acid salts which accumulate in the kidney or the urinary system as crystal structures or stones. They occur when our body lacks fluids required to dissolve minerals and salts present in the urine. Initially the stones will be small...
- What Is Dysuria: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is dysuria?Dysuria is the medical term for painful urination or discomfort while urinating. This painful, burning sensation is commonly associated with urinary tract infections, which are usually caused by bacteria. Dysuria is also a common symptom of cystitis (inflammation of the bladder) and...
- What Causes Rhabdomyolysis?
Rhabdomyolysis is a condition in which the muscles are rapidly broken down resulting in the release of myoglobin — the muscle protein — into the blood. This is a rare condition, and the release of myoglobin into the blood can lead to damage of kidneys. It is mostly caused by muscle injury and...
- What Is a Renal Ultrasound Used For?
UltrasoundIt is actually a diagnostic procedure. High-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body's tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. This creates videos or photographic images of the internal structure of the body after the echoes are recorded and transformed.Many diseases and...
- How Is Glomerulonephritis Diagnosed?
GlomerulonephritisGlomerulonephritis is the inflammation of kidney filters called glomeruli. These filters are made up of tiny blood vessels that help remove excess fluids, waste from the bloodstream, and electrolytes. This condition can happen on its own or may occur as part of chronic diseases,...
- Dr. Yonghong Huan MD833 Chestnut St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Karthik P Karanam MD1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby PA 19023
- Dr. Keith R Superdock MD100 E Lancaster Ave Wynnewood PA 19096
- Dr. Margaret Patricia Rose M.D.3401 N Broad St Philadelphia PA 19140
- Dr. Edward J Filippone MD2228 S Broad St Philadelphia PA 19145
- Dr. Michael R Rudnick MD39th And Market Street Philadelphia PA 19104