Dr. David Dunn, MD
Family Practitioner901 Fm 1187 E Crowley TX, 76036
Dr. David Dunn is a family practitioner practicing in Crowley, TX. Dr. Dunn specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Dunn possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Loma Linda University School of Medicine 1996
American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM)
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Comparative response of African HIV-1-infected individuals to highly active antiretroviral therapy.
- Evolution of antiretroviral phenotypic and genotypic drug resistance in antiretroviral-naive HIV-1-infected children treated with abacavir/lamivudine, zidovudine/lamivudine or abacavir/zidovudine, with or without nelfinavir (the PENTA 5 trial).
- Interval-censored survival time data: confidence intervals for the non-parametric survivor function.
- Immunologic changes during unplanned treatment interruptions of highly active antiretroviral therapy in children with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection.
- HIV drug resistance testing: is the evidence really there?
- Early structural and functional changes of the vasculature in HIV-infected children: impact of disease and antiretroviral therapy.
- A randomized controlled trial of genotypic HIV drug resistance testing in HIV-1-infected children: the PERA (PENTA 8) trial.
- The impact of different definitions on the estimated rate of transmitted HIV drug resistance in the United Kingdom.
- Viral rebound and emergence of drug resistance in the absence of viral load testing: a randomized comparison between zidovudine-lamivudine plus Nevirapine and zidovudine-lamivudine plus Abacavir.
- Discordance between CD4 cell count and CD4 cell percentage: implications for when to start antiretroviral therapy in HIV-1 infected children.
- Evolution of drug resistance during 48 weeks of zidovudine/lamivudine/tenofovir in the absence of real-time viral load monitoring.
- HIV type-1 drug resistance in antiretroviral treatment-naive adults infected with non-B subtype virus in the United Kingdom.
- Adipogenic gene variants in patients with HIV-associated lipodystrophy.
- Genotypic resistance testing in routine clinical care.
- Transmission network parameters estimated from HIV sequences for a nationwide epidemic.
- High Cholesterol
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Vascular Disease
Dr. David Dunn, MD's Practice location
Crowley, TX 76036Get Direction
Get to know Family Physician Dr. David Dunn, who serves patients in Crowley and Fort Worth, Texas.
In practice since 1999, Dr. Dunn provides comprehensive care for families and individuals of all ages, including treating acute illness, managing chronic conditions and providing wellness care. He practices alongside Dr. Dan Chadwick at Dunn and Chadwick Family Medicine in Crowley, Texas.
A member of Texas Health Medical Associates since June of 2008, he is also affiliated with Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South.
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South is a Seventh-day Adventist medical complex in south Fort Worth, Texas operated by AdventHealth. The campus includes a 213-bed acute care hospital, imaging center, behavioral center, fitness center, retirement community, nursing center, and hospice house.
The doctor’s acclaimed career in medicine began after he earned his medical degree from Loma Linda University School of Medicine in 1996. He then went on to perform his internship and residency in family medicine at Kaiser Permanente Southern California. Since completing these requirements in 1999, he has practiced family medicine with numerous medical groups and has served as a Family Practice Clinical Staff Physician at McChord Air Force Base in Washington.
As a testament to his success, Dr. Dunn is board-certified in family medicine by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM). The ABFM is a non-profit, independent medical association of American physicians who practice in family medicine and its sub-specialties.
Family medicine is a medical specialty devoted to comprehensive health care for people of all ages. The specialist is called a family physician or family doctor. A family physician is often the first person a patient sees when seeking healthcare services. They examine and treat patients with a wide range of conditions and refer those with serious ailments to a specialist or appropriate facility.
- Black Stool: What Does It Mean?
What does a black stool indicate?A black or dark red-colored stool is called tarry or bloody stools. However, passing dark-colored stools is not always caused by serious problems. One of the most common causes of black stools is the consumption of iron supplements, particularly in people who have...
- What Causes Lower Back Pain?
Basically anyone can experience lower back pain but studies have shown that adults of age 30 to 60 years tend to have a higher chance of experiencing back pain. Nevertheless, no one is safe from lower back pain.Lower back pain can be caused by a variety of problems with any parts of the complex,...
- Yawning Scientific Facts: Why Do We Yawn and Is It Contagious?
What is yawning?Usually, yawning is associated with boredom, fatigue, and tiredness. Yawning is also very common in animals, such as dogs, monkeys, snakes, and carnivores. Yawning is also associated with numerous superstitious beliefs.In humans, yawning is considered as a purposeful non-verbal...
- What is Sinusitis? Get the Facts
The sinuses are four interconnected hollow spaces within the cranial bones of the face. These airy cavities exist as mirror opposites on either side of the nose and under the forehead. They are lined with mucus-secreting epithelium and thin hair-like growths called cilia. Acute infection,...
- Holistic Treatments for Migraines
Holistic Treatments for MigrainesMigraines cause headaches that may be severe, throbbing, or moderate. These headaches can last for up to 72 hours.They attack one side of your head in most cases. However, there are cases where you suffer a headache on both sides of your head. Many people who suffer...
- The Main Causes of Lower Back Pain
Brief AnatomyThe back is composed of layers of muscles that hold the spinal column in place. It is involved in moving, twisting, and bending, which is why the back is prone to muscle strain.The spinal column is made up of vertebrae that are divided into five regions. The spinal column provides...
- Dr. Karen M Grant MD1201 8th Ave Fort Worth TX 76104
- Dr. Joel N Robinson D.O.1305 E Seminary Dr Fort Worth TX 76115
- Dr. Nancy Georgekutty M.D.1601 E DEBBIE LN MANSFIELD TX 76063
- Dr. Kathleen E. Sharp MD TX 75054
- Dr. Roland E Siegler MD3215 Omega Dr Arlington TX 76014
- Dr. Keith Dwight Harbour D.O.3233 Denton Hwy Haltom City TX 76117