Dr. Walter L Longo MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology600 Highland Ave Madison WI, 53792
Dr. Walter Longo is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Madison, WI. Dr. Longo specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1977
University of Nebraska College of Medicine 1977
- Trusteeship: shared mission for religious and laity.
- Fludarabine and cytarabine as a sequential infusion regimen for treatment of adults with recurrent, refractory or poor prognosis acute leukemia.
- A novel preparative regimen for autologous transplant in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: long-term experience with etoposide and thiotepa.
- Phase II study of weekly low-dose paclitaxel for relapsed and refractory non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a Wisconsin Oncology Network Study.
- Excessive toxicity of the high dose thiotepa and etoposide regimen when combined with radiation: Long-term autologous transplantation experience in follicular and mantle cell lymphoma.
- Pathophysiology and management of fever revisited.
- Correlation between rash and a positive drug response associated with bevacizumab in a patient with advanced colorectal cancer.
- Thalidomide maintenance following high-dose melphalan with autologous stem cell support in myeloma.
- F-18 FDG PET imaging of GVHD-associated polymyositis.
- Retrospective analysis of fluoroquinolone prophylaxis in patients undergoing allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
- Acute tumor lysis syndrome and treatment response in patients treated for refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia with short-course, high-dose cytosine arabinoside, cisplatin, and etoposide.
- Cytomegalovirus-associated tubulointerstitial nephritis in an allogeneic bone marrow transplant recipient.
- Phase I trial of lonidamine with whole body hyperthermia in advanced cancer.
- Role of the spleen in the transdiaphragmatic spread of Hodgkin's disease.
- Retrovirus-mediated transfer of the cDNA for human glucocerebrosidase into peripheral blood repopulating cells of patients with Gaucher's disease.
- Breast Cancer
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (aml)
- Multiple Myeloma
- Dermal Aesthetics
- Oral Surgery Procedures
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
Dr. Walter L Longo MD's Practice location
MILWAUKEE, WI 53226Get Direction
Dr. Walter L Longo MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Longo
- Roles of the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (NCCS) is a nonprofit, cancer advocacy organization that is located just outside of Washington D.C. To date, it is the oldest survivor-led cancer advocacy organization in the United States.The NCCS represents millions of Americans who share a common...
- 'Sophie the Brave' Fights Childhood T-Cell Lymphoma
The story of 2-year-old Sophie Skiles and her arduous battle with T-cell lymphoma pulls at one’s heartstrings while also causing one to marvel at the faith of her Mom, Shelby.The public first learned of Sophie when a newscast about her was posted online October 20, 2017. (KLTB/abc) It soon made it...
- Nurse Donates Breast Milk for Lymphoma Patient's Baby
Ashley Chestnut, a mother of two children from La Vista, Nebraska, was breastfeeding her 5-month year old son Easton when she began to experience a sharp and sudden pain in her shoulder and chest. “All of a sudden a sharp pain in my shoulder and chest, it was like hitting a freight train. It was...
- The Link Between Lymphoma Radiotherapy and Mesothelioma
One of the more common forms of treatment for lymphoma is radiotherapy. This involves using radiation to kill the cancer cells in the lymph nodes. New studies have produced concerning findings regarding radiation therapy, and point towards another induced risk of using the practice.The StudyThe...
- Tips on How to Live with Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma, a type of cancer, adversely affects plasma cells, which are your immune system’s components. The American Cancer Society indicates that in 2014, more than 24,000 people in the United States had multiple myeloma.Multiple myeloma patients can lose their appetite due to the adverse...
- 7-year-old with Lymphoma Joins and Inspires Lacrosse Team
Sports have a way of bringing together families, strangers, and communities. All over the world people celebrate games and competitions and use them to lift people’s spirits and strengthen bonds. Sporting events are also frequently used to raise awareness about important causes, whether locally or...
- Dr. Amit Sanyal MD1200 John Q Hammons Dr Madison WI 53717
- Dr. Kenneth A Krajewski M.D.Uw Hospital and Clinics Madison WI 53792
- Dr. Edward J Prendergast MD1200 John Q Hammons Dr Madison WI 53717
- Dr. Falgun M. Modhia MD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. Peter A Beatty MD1200 John Q Hammons Dr Madison WI 53717
- Dr. Charles H Diggs MD1200 John Q Hammons Dr Madison WI 53717