Dr. Marissa Cooper practices Orthodontics in Hollywood, FL. Comprehensive orthodontic treatment includes metal wires that are inserted into orthodontic brackets, which can be made from stainless steel or a more aesthetic ceramic material. The wires interact with the brackets to move teeth into desired positions. Being advanced in the field, Dr. Cooper may also use Invisalign or other aligner trays that have been designed to align a patients? smile. As an orthodontist, Dr. Cooper must recognize various characteristics of a malocclusion or dentofacial deformity, define the nature of the problem, including the etiology if possible, and design a treatment strategy based on the specific needs and desires of the patient.
Dr. Marissa Nicole Cooper D.M.D.'s Practice location
Hollywood, FL 33025Get Direction
Dr. Marissa Nicole Cooper D.M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Get a Better Smile with Licorice Root
According to a new study published in the Journal of Natural Products, licorice, the main ingredient in candy, may help to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Teeth protection is provided by the compounds found in the dried root of licorice plant. Chinese licorice, found in northern mainland...
- Want Pearly Whites? Try These Foods
Brushing and flossing the teeth regularly helps to maintain a healthy oral cavity. Food also plays a role in keeping the teeth white and bright. Acids present in the food may erode the tooth enamel causing it to erode leading to tooth decay. Certain foods like sugar free gum, sugar free drinks,...
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- How Can I Reduce the Pain of Sensitive Teeth?
If you can’t enjoy a cup of hot coffee or a glass of cold juice without getting that stinging pain in your teeth, those are symptoms of sensitive teeth. Moreover, eating, brushing and flossing may also lead to the sharp pain. Sensitivity to the cold and heat may be caused by a number of reasons...
- Dr. Stephen Michael Grussmark DDS.,MSD7400 N Kendall Dr Ste 604 Miami FL 33156
- Dr. Elias Tobon D.M.D401 Miracle Mile; Miami FL 33134
- Enrique Jose Gallo D.D.S10830 Nw 58th St Miami FL 33178
- Dr. Prathima Krishna Adusumilli B.D.S, D.M.D, M.S11330 WILES RD CORAL SPRINGS FL 33076
- Dr. Ana Baneditti DMD, MSD3025 E. Commercial Blvd. Fort Lauderdale FL 33308
- Dr. Daniel S Meister DDS18851 Ne 29th Ave Miami FL 33180