Dr. Victor Stevens is a psychiatrist practicing in Victoria, TX. Dr. Stevens is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Stevens diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Stevens may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Stevens treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1982
- Tripler Army Med Ctr, Psychiatry Tripler Army Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Victor Louis Stevens MD's Practice location
Victoria, TX 77902Get Direction
Dr. Victor Louis Stevens MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- What are the Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar disorder is a complex mental disorder that leads to uncontrollable mood swings and severe risky behaviors. Otherwise known as manic-depressive disorder, this mental condition is associated with moods that sway between depression and mania. When an individual is not experiencing moods of...
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), also known as chronic anxiety neurosis, is a condition characterized by excessive anxiety and worry about common occurrences and everyday life events. It’s quite normal to feel anxious when there is a reason to worry, such as financial instability. However, a...
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- Meditate to Concentrate: The Science Behind Meditation
The science behind meditationPeople who meditate use their brain in such a way that it helps them avoid distraction and concentrate on the their task, says a new study. People who meditate regularly have less activity in that part of the brain associated with distractions and day dreaming....
- Can I Still Live a Normal Life If I have Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental condition, which affects how a person thinks, feels, and acts. A person affected by this condition may have a hard time distinguishing what is real and what is imaginary. A person could also be unresponsive or withdrawn and may have difficulty in expressing normal...
- Dr. Elizabeth John MD1502 East Airline Drive Victoria TX 77901
- Dr. Robert C Lyman M.D.2710 Hospital Dr Victoria TX 77901
- Dr. John Bouras M.D.2705 Hospital Dr Victoria TX 77901
- Dr. James Richard Haliburton MD501 E Broadway Louisville KY 40202
- Dr. James F Dotter M.D.6502 Nursery Dr Victoria TX 77904
- Dr. Johnnie G Fisher M.D.2700 Citizens Plz Victoria TX 77901