Dr. Jeffrey Mark Ewig M.D.
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology601 5th St S Suite 708 Saint Petersburg FL, 33701
Dr. Jeffrey Ewig practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Saint Petersburg, FL. Dr. Ewig treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
Pa State Univ Coll Of Med- Hershey Pa 1983
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Response to sorafenib in a pediatric patient with papillary thyroid carcinoma with diffuse nodular pulmonary disease requiring mechanical ventilation.
- Official American Thoracic Society Clinical Practice Guidelines: Diagnostic Evaluation of Infants with Recurrent or Persistent Wheezing.
- Chronic cough.
- Pleural effusions: diagnostic considerations.
- Cystic fibrosis.
- Markedly reduced mortality associated with corticosteroid therapy of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in children with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.
- The effect of the absence of abdominal muscles on pulmonary function and exercise.
- Diaphragmatic hernia.
- Asthma in the pregnant adolescent: a review.
- Bronx Municipal Hosp Ctr, Pediatrics; Montefiore M C-H&l Moses Div, Pediatrics
- Montefiore Mc 1984
Dr. Jeffrey Mark Ewig M.D.'s Practice location
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701Get Direction
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19104Get Direction
Dr. Jeffrey Mark Ewig M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ewig
- Prevention of Croup
Croup is a viral infection that causes swelling of the airway. As a result, the airway becomes narrower, making it difficult to breathe. It is also accompanied by an irritation in the larynx (voice box) and trachea (windpipe). This condition is also known as laryngotracheobronchitis because the...
- Croup and Its Symptoms
Croup, a viral infection in children, is a condition that causes swelling of the vocal cords. The cause of croup is also the same virus that causes a normal cold. Croup can happen any time, but is very common during the winter. ...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- What Is an Antitussive?
A cough is described as a sudden explosive exhalation of air. It is basically a body's defense mechanism to protect and clear the airways from inhaled foreign materials. People may also voluntarily or spontaneously cough. Coughs often vary and may be characterized by productive (chesty or wet) or...
- Differentiating Croup from Asthma
Croup and asthma are two conditions that involve organs, which are responsible for breathing. Since both conditions affect the respiratory system, it is highly advisable to learn their differences to be able to approach each condition properly.What Is Croup?Croup is typically caused by a virus. It...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Croup?
Croup is a common viral illness that affects children, and is characterized by symptoms that include a runny nose and an extreme cough. This viral infection affects the voice box and the wind pipe and may lead to obstruction in breathing. The vocal cords are swollen and as air is forced through this...
- Dr. Bruce M. Schnapf DO2 Tampa General Cir Tampa FL 33606
- Dr. Tanya M Martinez-fernandez M.D.880 6th St S Saint Petersburg FL 33701
- Dr. Deanna Mae Green MD601 5TH ST S ST PETERSBURG FL 33701
- Dr. Anthony Kriseman M.D.601 5th St S Saint Petersburg FL 33701
- Dr. Magdalen Gondor M.D.601 5th St S Saint Petersburg FL 33701
- Dr. Yanerys M Colon-cortes MD2 TAMPA GENERAL CIR # 5TH TAMPA FL 33606