Dr. Syma Iqbal M.D.
Oncologist | Medical Oncology1520 San Pablo St Suite 1000 Los Angeles CA, 90033
Dr. Syma Iqbal is an oncologist practicing in Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Iqbal specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Iqbal manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
Univ of Southern Ca Sch of Med, Los Angeles Ca 1995
Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California 1995
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Combination Chemotherapy With or Without Hypofractionated Radiation Therapy Before Surgery in Treating Patients With Pancreatic Cancer
- Cisplatin, Carboplatin and Etoposide or Temozolomide and Capecitabine in Treating Patients With Neuroendocrine Carcinoma of the Gastrointestinal Tract or Pancreas That Is Metastatic or Cannot Be Removed by Surgery
- Regorafenib in Treating Patients With Advanced or Metastatic Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Afatinib and Paclitaxel in Patients With Advanced HER2-Positive Trastuzumab-Refractory Advanced Esophagogastric Cancer
- S0820, Adenoma and Second Primary Prevention Trial
- Pancreatic Cancer, Stomach Cancer, Blood Disorders And More
- Liver Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Lightpod Neo
- Member California Medical Association
- Member American Medical Association
- Member American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Member American Society of Hematology
- Member Southwest Oncology Group
- Member Gastrointestinal Committee
- L A Co-Usc Med Ctr, Medical Oncology; L A Co-Usc Med Ctr, Hematology-Internal Medicine; Cedars-Sinai Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center 1995
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California (Hematology/Oncology), Los Angeles, CA 1998
Dr. Syma Iqbal M.D.'s Practice location
Los Angeles, CA 90089Get Direction
Los Angeles, CA 90033Get Direction
Dr. Syma Iqbal M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Iqbal
- Use Breast Shields to Reduce Radiation Damage During CT Scans
Using breast shields will reduce radiation damage to the breast tissue in men and women who undergo CT scans of the chest, according to a new study. This small metallic piece does not affect the diagnosis, according to researchers. “This may reduce the radiation to the breast tissues by about...
- Some Women May Benefit from Delaying Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy, New Research Suggests
Mastectomy can be a daunting, but incredibly effective treatment for women who are diagnosed with breast cancer. In the surgery, all breast tissue is removed from the infected breast in an effort to treat or remove cancerous cells, but for women who undergo this surgery, the end result leaves much...
- 22 Year Old Battles Non-Traditional Ovarian Cancer for Second Time
Everyone who has had their own battle with cancer is a hero, and those who have had to deal with it more than once are some of the strongest warriors. At only 22 years old, Megan Santa Croce is fighting against a non-traditional form of ovarian cancer for the second time in her life. ...
- What Is the Life Expectancy for Bladder Cancer?
What is a bladder?The bladder can be described as a hollow organ, which is located next to the kidneys. The bladder functions by collecting all the urine coming from the kidneys through the ureter. It then stores the urine until it is removed from the body.Having a bladder cancer causes an...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Multiple Myeloma?
Multiple myeloma may not show any signs during the early stages called smoldering or asymptomatic multiple myeloma. It is only after a blood or urine test that it can be diagnosed. However, as time goes by, a lot of problems and complications associated with multiple myeloma will start to show....
- What Are the Symptoms of Testicular Cancer?
Testicular cancer is rare when compared to other forms of cancer. This cancer develops in one or both testicles in men, particularly among men in the between the ages of 20-years-old and 40-years-old. It may be seen in elderly men as well. In the past few decades, the number of people affected by...
- Dr. Robert Morgan MD1500 E Duarte Rd Duarte CA 91010
- Dr. Edwin Melencio Posadas MD8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048
- Boris Bagdasarian1505 Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206
- Gayle Roberts15352 Hawthorne Blvd. Lawndale California 90260
- Dr. Eknath Deo M.D., F.A.C.P.701 East 28th Street Long Beach California 90806
- Mr. Mark T. Wakabayashi MD1500 Duarte Rd Duarte CA 91010